Barcelona made a spectacular second leg comeback to beat AC Milan and qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.
Barca were trailing the Italians 2-0 after the first leg but Lionel Messi scored twice and David Villa and Jordi Alba one apiece in the return leg at the Camp Nou to progress 4-2 on aggregate and keep alive the club’s hopes of a third European title in five years.
Joining the Catalan’s in the last eight are Galatasaray.
The Turkish outfit beat Schalke 3-2 in Germany thanks to goals from former Schalke player Hamit Altintop, Burak Yilmaz, who netted his eighth goal of the tournament and Umut Bulut.
After a one all draw in the first leg Galatasaray go through to the quarters for the first time in 12 years 4-3 on aggregate.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 8Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 9Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 14EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 16Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 17Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 18Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 19Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 20We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
Wires > Sport
- 02:37 CET Bowditch charges two ahead at Byron Nelson
- 01:35 CET Blatter defies calls to quit as FIFA scandal widens
- 00:58 CET Ronchi set for NZ test debut amid Watling injury concern
- 23:34 CET FIA seeks new Formula One team from 2016
- 23:25 CET Uruguay union looks to get Suarez’s FIFA ban annulled
- 23:14 CET Misfiring McIlroy faces missing cut for second week running
- 20:32 CET Fowler upstages struggling McIlroy at Irish Open
- 18:57 CET Hull forward Hernandez banned for punching United’s Jones