Barcelona made a spectacular second leg comeback to beat AC Milan and qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.
Barca were trailing the Italians 2-0 after the first leg but Lionel Messi scored twice and David Villa and Jordi Alba one apiece in the return leg at the Camp Nou to progress 4-2 on aggregate and keep alive the club’s hopes of a third European title in five years.
Joining the Catalan’s in the last eight are Galatasaray.
The Turkish outfit beat Schalke 3-2 in Germany thanks to goals from former Schalke player Hamit Altintop, Burak Yilmaz, who netted his eighth goal of the tournament and Umut Bulut.
After a one all draw in the first leg Galatasaray go through to the quarters for the first time in 12 years 4-3 on aggregate.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 3Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 4eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 6International news | euronews, latest international news
- 7English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 8Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 9Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 10Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 11Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 12euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 13European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 14Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 17[Watch] Passengers emergency evacuate crash-landed Airbus A330 | euronews, world news
- 18International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 19Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 20Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
Wires > Sport
- 00:34 CET Porto keep the pressure on Benfica with win over Braga
- 00:23 CET Rampant Marseille climb to second with 6-1 win
- 22:58 CET Serbia, Britain in control as depleted Swiss hold Belgium
- 22:26 CET Ward subdues marathon man Isner to give Britain 2-0 lead
- 21:09 CET ‘KJT’ wins first Euro gold with all-round brilliance
- 20:30 CET United defender Evans denies FA spitting charge
- 19:28 CET McLaren play down Alonso memory loss
- 17:07 CET Wembley should be saved for FA Cup final, says Rodgers