Barcelona made a spectacular second leg comeback to beat AC Milan and qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.
Barca were trailing the Italians 2-0 after the first leg but Lionel Messi scored twice and David Villa and Jordi Alba one apiece in the return leg at the Camp Nou to progress 4-2 on aggregate and keep alive the club’s hopes of a third European title in five years.
Joining the Catalan’s in the last eight are Galatasaray.
The Turkish outfit beat Schalke 3-2 in Germany thanks to goals from former Schalke player Hamit Altintop, Burak Yilmaz, who netted his eighth goal of the tournament and Umut Bulut.
After a one all draw in the first leg Galatasaray go through to the quarters for the first time in 12 years 4-3 on aggregate.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Sport
- 10:20 CET Booing of aboriginal athlete sparks heated race debate in Australia
- 10:18 CET Johnson, Rose to light up Hong Kong Open
- 09:59 CET Almaty says not snowed under by issues facing Beijing
- 07:59 CET Japan dismisses plagiarism claims over 2020 logo
- 06:55 CET Kaka leads MLS All-Star side to win over Tottenham
- 05:53 CET Activists aim to derail Beijing’s bid for Winter Olympics
- 03:52 CET IAAF expecting full Bird’s Nest for world championships
- 01:21 CET Felix to run 400m and relays at worlds