Barcelona made a spectacular second leg comeback to beat AC Milan and qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.
Barca were trailing the Italians 2-0 after the first leg but Lionel Messi scored twice and David Villa and Jordi Alba one apiece in the return leg at the Camp Nou to progress 4-2 on aggregate and keep alive the club’s hopes of a third European title in five years.
Joining the Catalan’s in the last eight are Galatasaray.
The Turkish outfit beat Schalke 3-2 in Germany thanks to goals from former Schalke player Hamit Altintop, Burak Yilmaz, who netted his eighth goal of the tournament and Umut Bulut.
After a one all draw in the first leg Galatasaray go through to the quarters for the first time in 12 years 4-3 on aggregate.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 7Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 8Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 9Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 10Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > Sport
- 08:15 CET Bastia face relegation threat over deficit
- 06:05 CET Martino demands more despite six-goal semi-final haul
- 05:55 CET Santner, Elliott earn NZ central contracts
- 04:40 CET Goosen wins playoff and ticket to St. Andrews
- 04:35 CET Robinho leaves Santos, expected to join Guangzhou
- 04:32 CET Devastating Argentina reach Copa final
- 04:30 CET Tour set for Battle Royale on treacherous course
- 03:25 CET Quintana takes the high road en route to Tour