Barcelona made a spectacular second leg comeback to beat AC Milan and qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.
Barca were trailing the Italians 2-0 after the first leg but Lionel Messi scored twice and David Villa and Jordi Alba one apiece in the return leg at the Camp Nou to progress 4-2 on aggregate and keep alive the club’s hopes of a third European title in five years.
Joining the Catalan’s in the last eight are Galatasaray.
The Turkish outfit beat Schalke 3-2 in Germany thanks to goals from former Schalke player Hamit Altintop, Burak Yilmaz, who netted his eighth goal of the tournament and Umut Bulut.
After a one all draw in the first leg Galatasaray go through to the quarters for the first time in 12 years 4-3 on aggregate.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 6Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 10eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 11Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 18Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 19Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
- 20Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 16:49 CET South Korea give Cha winning send-off
- 16:47 CET Palestinians to ask FIFA to suspend Israel
- 16:46 CET I miss football to death, says ex-Italy forward Cassano
- 15:51 CET England women’s goalkeeper faces violent conduct charge
- 15:37 CET Hanover without injured Sobiech for relegation battle
- 15:26 CET Steyn banned for five weeks after SANZAR appeal
- 15:25 CET Exclusive – Italy boss unhappy at UCI handling of Astana case
- 14:21 CET Southampton report first profits since 2009 crisis