Barcelona made a spectacular second leg comeback to beat AC Milan and qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.
Barca were trailing the Italians 2-0 after the first leg but Lionel Messi scored twice and David Villa and Jordi Alba one apiece in the return leg at the Camp Nou to progress 4-2 on aggregate and keep alive the club’s hopes of a third European title in five years.
Joining the Catalan’s in the last eight are Galatasaray.
The Turkish outfit beat Schalke 3-2 in Germany thanks to goals from former Schalke player Hamit Altintop, Burak Yilmaz, who netted his eighth goal of the tournament and Umut Bulut.
After a one all draw in the first leg Galatasaray go through to the quarters for the first time in 12 years 4-3 on aggregate.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 11:11 CET Hamilton on pole for Mercedes in wet China
- 07:02 CET Ricciardo puts Red Bull on top in wet final practice in China
- 00:55 CET Honda to focus on McLaren in 2015
- 23:55 CET Korean K.J. Choi beats bad weather to take Heritage lead
- 23:35 CET It’s getting increasingly tough for bowlers, says Ajmal
- 22:32 CET Moores to get second chance in England top job – reports
- 20:49 CET Desisa bids for repeat in fast Boston field
- 20:23 CET Replacement Asian Games host needed fast, not Singapore- Ng Ser…