Barcelona made a spectacular second leg comeback to beat AC Milan and qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.
Barca were trailing the Italians 2-0 after the first leg but Lionel Messi scored twice and David Villa and Jordi Alba one apiece in the return leg at the Camp Nou to progress 4-2 on aggregate and keep alive the club’s hopes of a third European title in five years.
Joining the Catalan’s in the last eight are Galatasaray.
The Turkish outfit beat Schalke 3-2 in Germany thanks to goals from former Schalke player Hamit Altintop, Burak Yilmaz, who netted his eighth goal of the tournament and Umut Bulut.
After a one all draw in the first leg Galatasaray go through to the quarters for the first time in 12 years 4-3 on aggregate.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 6India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 7[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 8Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 9European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 15Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 19World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
- 20US-Iranian reporter to be freed or pardoned ‘in less than a month’ | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 19:16 CET Iniesta back in training before Sevilla clash
- 19:15 CET Captain Creevy returns as Pumas make four changes versus France
- 18:37 CET Stevens gets his F1 chance with Caterham
- 18:35 CET Ebola-ravaged Guinea overcome odds to reach Nations Cup
- 17:29 CET Brandao’s six-month ban confirmed after appeal fails
- 16:51 CET Dortmund’s Reus fit to face Paderborn, Hummels doubtful
- 16:41 CET Pressure? No pressure, says Hamilton
- 16:16 CET Speight to make Australia debut against Ireland