Barcelona made a spectacular second leg comeback to beat AC Milan and qualify for the Champions League quarter-finals.
Barca were trailing the Italians 2-0 after the first leg but Lionel Messi scored twice and David Villa and Jordi Alba one apiece in the return leg at the Camp Nou to progress 4-2 on aggregate and keep alive the club’s hopes of a third European title in five years.
Joining the Catalan’s in the last eight are Galatasaray.
The Turkish outfit beat Schalke 3-2 in Germany thanks to goals from former Schalke player Hamit Altintop, Burak Yilmaz, who netted his eighth goal of the tournament and Umut Bulut.
After a one all draw in the first leg Galatasaray go through to the quarters for the first time in 12 years 4-3 on aggregate.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Serbia and Albania await Uefa punishment over violence-marred Euro2016 qualifier
- 2Volvo Ocean Race: Fleet still together one week in
- 3FIFA begins 2018 World Cup stadium inspection
- 4AS Roma suffer humiliating defeat to Bayern in Champions League
- 5Heavyweights in action on final day of Judo Grand Prix Tashkent
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 20All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 12:07 CET Romania struggling to fill national coach’s post
- 11:37 CET Caterham and Marussia to miss next races – Ecclestone
- 11:09 CET Marquez takes record 13th pole in Malaysia
- 11:07 CET Sanctioned Beale not joining Wallabies on Europe tour
- 05:40 CET Australia batsmen in familiar tail-spin in Dubai
- 05:38 CET U.S., Costa Rica qualify for Women’s World Cup
- 02:02 CET PGA president fired for ‘insensitive’ remarks
- 00:18 CET Caterham F1 team set to miss next two races