Indian production ID has won the Grand Prix at the Asian Film Festival in Deauville.
Director Kamal KM directed the movie, which was his second feature film. Other awards went to films from Thailand, South Korea, Iran and the Philippines.
ID is set in the urban jungle of Mumbai and was produced by by an independent organisation.
Kamal KM said: “This is a film which we made with a lot of friends who are practicing filmmakers based in Mumbai, made without any money, with only the support. This is a film anyone can make, because this film was like made of some good intentions, with strong opinions about our system in which we’re living in, a system which is failing.”
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 9latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 13Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 14Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 15New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 16Fukushima: Tepco admits contaminated water leak into the Pacific
- 17‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 18Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 20Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad