This season’s form skier Tina Maze put herself on track for a grand slam of crystal globes with victory in the slalom at Ofterschwang Germany.
Maze was second after the morning run but fought back in style in the second to snatch her 10th victory of the World Cup season, her second in a
slalom. The Slovenian’s win lifted her to the top of the world cup slalom standings and also increased her all-time points record in the overall World Cup standings to 2.254.
Maze remains in contention to win all four discipline World Cups on top of the overall title.
In the slalom standings she now leads second-placed Mikaela Shiffrin by seven points with only one race left at the World Cup finals in Lenzerheide next week.
Shiffrin – the American teenage sensation who won slalom gold at the world championships in Schladming early last month and three slalom races on the World Cup circuit this year – had to settle for third place on the day.
The 17-year-old from Vail, Colorado led after the first leg but was third fastest in the second to slip down the podium behind Maze and Swiss skier Wendy Holdener.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 14Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 15Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Wires > Sport
- 13:36 CET Rosberg pips Hamilton in first British GP practice
- 12:58 CET Irfan returns for Pakistan, Wahab may play last two ODIs
- 12:13 CET Veteran Iceland forward Gudjohnsen makes China switch
- 11:18 CET Sevilla poised to sign Ukraine winger Konoplyanka
- 11:06 CET No rocking chair and slippers yet for Laura Davies
- 10:59 CET Slumping Nadal set for first slam-less year since 2005
- 10:20 CET Anelka returns to Mumbai as player-manager
- 08:16 CET Little bird tells Japan they will win the World Cup