This season’s form skier Tina Maze put herself on track for a grand slam of crystal globes with victory in the slalom at Ofterschwang Germany.
Maze was second after the morning run but fought back in style in the second to snatch her 10th victory of the World Cup season, her second in a
slalom. The Slovenian’s win lifted her to the top of the world cup slalom standings and also increased her all-time points record in the overall World Cup standings to 2.254.
Maze remains in contention to win all four discipline World Cups on top of the overall title.
In the slalom standings she now leads second-placed Mikaela Shiffrin by seven points with only one race left at the World Cup finals in Lenzerheide next week.
Shiffrin – the American teenage sensation who won slalom gold at the world championships in Schladming early last month and three slalom races on the World Cup circuit this year – had to settle for third place on the day.
The 17-year-old from Vail, Colorado led after the first leg but was third fastest in the second to slip down the podium behind Maze and Swiss skier Wendy Holdener.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Podemos: Spanish indignation in Brussels’ corridors of power | euronews, reporter
- 2Israel announces it will seize 400 acres in West Bank | euronews, world news
- 3Japan sounds bluefin warning, calls for 50% catch cut | euronews, world news
- 4Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 5China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 63D printing: a driving force in design and engineering | euronews, hi-tech
- 7Watch: Angry mob throw Ukraine MP into rubbish bin | euronews, world news
- 8Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 9Young Yazidi girl escapes Islamic State kidnappers | euronews, world news
- 10New car offers freedom for disabled drivers | euronews, hi-tech
- 11#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 12EU leaders name Donald Tusk European Council president | euronews, world news
- 13The business benefits of EU chemical regulation | euronews, business planet
- 14Turkish ferry makes high-speed final landing | euronews, no comment
- 15Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 16Canada sends hilarious barb to Russia over Ukraine ‘incursions’ | euronews, world news
- 17Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 18Thousands of Catalans call for choice on split from Spain | euronews, world news
- 19Iceland puts on a show as two of its volcanoes spew out lava | euronews, world news
- 20Marine Le Pen criticises France’s decision to halt Mistral warship sale to Russia | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 14:46 CET Indonesia set to be awarded 2018 Asian Games
- 14:42 CET London Marathon raises record amounts for charity
- 14:40 CET Caterham keep Kobayashi for Singapore
- 13:53 CET Williams can catch Red Bull, says Massa
- 13:43 CET Everton ready to embrace Europa League
- 13:20 CET Gutierrez thanks fans after flying home for cancer treatment
- 12:55 CET Wenger asks for patience with Welbeck after Dortmund defeat
- 12:44 CET South Africa turn to Burger for more bite