This season’s form skier Tina Maze put herself on track for a grand slam of crystal globes with victory in the slalom at Ofterschwang Germany.
Maze was second after the morning run but fought back in style in the second to snatch her 10th victory of the World Cup season, her second in a
slalom. The Slovenian’s win lifted her to the top of the world cup slalom standings and also increased her all-time points record in the overall World Cup standings to 2.254.
Maze remains in contention to win all four discipline World Cups on top of the overall title.
In the slalom standings she now leads second-placed Mikaela Shiffrin by seven points with only one race left at the World Cup finals in Lenzerheide next week.
Shiffrin – the American teenage sensation who won slalom gold at the world championships in Schladming early last month and three slalom races on the World Cup circuit this year – had to settle for third place on the day.
The 17-year-old from Vail, Colorado led after the first leg but was third fastest in the second to slip down the podium behind Maze and Swiss skier Wendy Holdener.
- 1Champions League: Defending champs Barcelona storm into last 16
- 2Britain’s Webb wins Antarctic Ice Marathon
- 3Djokovic downs Federer to secure ATP World Tour title in London
- 4Champions League: Real Madrid hold off Shakhtar to win Group A
- 5FIFA ethics panel calls for sanctions against Blatter and Platini
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 7world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 8European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 9Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 10latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 14New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 15‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 16No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 17Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 19Latest News Bulletin
- 20Terrorist threat on Europe’s rail network, according to German tabloid
Wires > Sport
- 12:28 CET Kenya bans seven more athletes for doping
- 12:04 CET Shell boast of boost to Ferrari
- 11:38 CET Australia’s Campbell sets 100m freestyle short-course record
- 11:30 CET Lauda and Wolff hold hands amid talk of strife
- 11:13 CET Cerebral Ashwin spins his way to the top
- 00:34 CET Shevchenko to join Ukraine coaching staff – report
- 22:09 CET Murray rises above the din as tempers fray
- 22:07 CET Bayern see slight dip in 2014/15 turnover, profits up