Ivica Kostelic won his first world cup slalom race of the season on Sunday with victory in Kranjska Gora.
The 2011 overall world cup champion and three time defending combined champion had been hampered all season with a knee injury.
But the 33-year-old Zagreb native showed no signs of pain as he clocked a winning combined time of one minute 45.81 seconds to top the podium 10 years after his first victory in the Slovenian resort.
Marcel Hirscher recovered from a disappointing first run in the morning to claim second place and secure the World Cup title in the discipline.
The 24-year-old Austrian also strengthened his overall World Cup lead as he opened up an advantage of 149 points over closest challenger Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway before the Lenzerheide finals next week.
Hirscher’s Austrian teammate Mario Matt rounded off the podium in third place. The 2007 and 2011 slalom winner in Kranjska Gora was 0.34 seconds behind Kostelic.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 3Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 4[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 12Romania, Hungary and Bulgaria focus of EU cash fraud probes
- 13NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Interpol issues ‘red notice’ for accused ex-FIFA bosses
- 16Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 17Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 18Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
Wires > Sport
- 07:07 CET Time running out for Australia’s ‘brand’ O’Connor
- 05:04 CET Felix may try 200-400m double at worlds, coach says
- 04:23 CET Africans ready to embellish Tour landscape
- 04:04 CET United States asks Swiss to extradite seven in FIFA inquiry
- 00:58 CET Portugal winger Nani to have Fenerbahce medical
- 00:26 CET Mexico striker Hernandez has collarbone surgery
- 23:52 CET Shakhtar sell record scorer Luiz Adriano to Milan
- 23:49 CET Japan, U.S. have revenge on their minds in World Cup final