Ted Ligety won his fifth giant slalom (GS) of the season on Saturday, March 9, in Kranjska Gora Slovenia.
In doing so he clinched the World Cup discipline title with a race to spare.
This is the fourth time the skier from the United States has won the title having also done so in 2008, 2010 and 2011.
The 28-year-old also defended his GS title at the world championships last month.
Finishing 0.45 seconds behind was Marcel Hirscher. The 23-year-old had been a close second in the GS but he now falls an unbridgeable 125 points behind.
It was still a good result for the Austrian however as he increases his lead in the overall standings to 69 points.
Second placed Aksel Lund Svindal of Norway finished sixth on the day 1.30 seconds behind.
Third place went to Alexis Pinturault of France, 0.77 seconds off the pace of Ligety. The 21-year-old is sixth overall.
- 1Rugby World Cup 2015: England crash out after 33-13 loss to Australia
- 2England dumped out of their own World Cup
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Thick haze in Singapore disrupts World Cup finals
- 5Rugby World Cup 2015: South Africa down Scotland to move top
- 1Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 2Champions League day two match preview
- 3Sagan makes history and gives Slovakia its first cycling World Champion
- 4Rugby World Cup 2015: Wales defeat hosts England 28-25 in thrilling clash
- 5Roma and Arsenal crash, Barcelona come back in latest Champions League clashes
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Wires > Sport
- 14:39 CET Maradona in crowd as Argentina make late change for Tonga
- 14:36 CET Latvala claims third win of the season in Corsica
- 14:28 CET Romania ring changes for Canada game
- 14:24 CET No knee-jerk response to England demise, says RFU’s Ritchie
- 13:28 CET New boss Manohar vows to clean India’s image in second innings
- 12:43 CET Malaysia’s Danny Chia ends 13-year title drought in Taiwan
- 12:21 CET Blatter’s daughter says he will quit FIFA in February – paper
- 10:45 CET Du Preez emerges as key to Boks’ World Cup success