Austria’s Anna Fenninger kept her composure to win a World Cup giant slalom in Ofterschwang on Saturday.
The 23 year old, winner of a super-G in Garmisch-Partenkirchen a week ago, looked in great shape and completed the Ofterschwanger Horn course in an impressive time of 2 minutes, 29.39 seconds to secure the win.
Fastest in the morning leg, Fenninger edged out overall leader Tina Maze who will be aiming at the formidable 2,500-point barrier in the World Cup finals in Switzerland, next week.
Germany’s Viktoria Rebensburg produced a solid run but eventually had to settle for third place, 0.96 behind.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 22:45 CET Benzema puts Real in charge against holders Bayern
- 22:01 CET Liverpool announce Anfield stadium revamp plans
- 21:52 CET Best and worst sporting comebacks
- 21:42 CET Januzaj opts to play for Belgium
- 19:52 CET Chelsea trio charged by FA after Sunderland defeat
- 18:54 CET Farbrace named England assistant coach
- 17:44 CET Ethiopia appoint Portugal’s Barreto as coach
- 17:37 CET Europe split by financial iron curtain, says Champagne