Austria’s Anna Fenninger kept her composure to win a World Cup giant slalom in Ofterschwang on Saturday.
The 23 year old, winner of a super-G in Garmisch-Partenkirchen a week ago, looked in great shape and completed the Ofterschwanger Horn course in an impressive time of 2 minutes, 29.39 seconds to secure the win.
Fastest in the morning leg, Fenninger edged out overall leader Tina Maze who will be aiming at the formidable 2,500-point barrier in the World Cup finals in Switzerland, next week.
Germany’s Viktoria Rebensburg produced a solid run but eventually had to settle for third place, 0.96 behind.
- 1Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 2Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 3Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 4England dumped out of their own World Cup
- 5[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 9Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Wires > Sport
- 21:46 CET El Shaawary confident Italy can get the job done
- 21:20 CET England hunt for crumbs from their own World Cup table
- 21:17 CET Del Bosque able to experiment in final two qualifiers
- 20:00 CET Final pool games loom with last-eight spots up for grabs
- 19:43 CET Ireland favourites but France bullish, says Ouedraogo
- 19:30 CET Jordan beat Asian champions Australia, Iran held
- 19:27 CET Button upbeat on McLaren future, no fear of leaving
- 19:16 CET Poulter proves to be the host with the most…nerves