Austria’s Anna Fenninger kept her composure to win a World Cup giant slalom in Ofterschwang on Saturday.
The 23 year old, winner of a super-G in Garmisch-Partenkirchen a week ago, looked in great shape and completed the Ofterschwanger Horn course in an impressive time of 2 minutes, 29.39 seconds to secure the win.
Fastest in the morning leg, Fenninger edged out overall leader Tina Maze who will be aiming at the formidable 2,500-point barrier in the World Cup finals in Switzerland, next week.
Germany’s Viktoria Rebensburg produced a solid run but eventually had to settle for third place, 0.96 behind.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9Why World Elephant Day matters
- 10International news | euronews, latest international news
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Chavas retains red as Stuyven wins crash-hit Vuelta stage
Bolt celebrates triple triumph at world championships
German sailor Heil infected by Rio’s polluted water
Vuelta a Espana: Lindeman wins stage seven as Froome loses time on title rivals
Judo World Championships: Emane claims third career world title
Wires > Sport
- 13:45 CET Ayana denies Dibaba with stunning 5,000m gold
- 13:37 CET Redding joins Pramac Ducati MotoGP team for 2016
- 13:02 CET Cruz Azul woes worsen with Crosas knee injury
- 11:20 CET Namibia relish All Black challenge, coach says
- 11:17 CET High risk, high reward sees Naholo in All Blacks squad
- 09:28 CET Vermaelen takes plaudits after debut Barca goal
- 09:01 CET ‘Falcon’ Navas raises question over Real need for De Gea
- 07:45 CET Legendary trainer Cummings dies aged 87