Austria’s Anna Fenninger kept her composure to win a World Cup giant slalom in Ofterschwang on Saturday.
The 23 year old, winner of a super-G in Garmisch-Partenkirchen a week ago, looked in great shape and completed the Ofterschwanger Horn course in an impressive time of 2 minutes, 29.39 seconds to secure the win.
Fastest in the morning leg, Fenninger edged out overall leader Tina Maze who will be aiming at the formidable 2,500-point barrier in the World Cup finals in Switzerland, next week.
Germany’s Viktoria Rebensburg produced a solid run but eventually had to settle for third place, 0.96 behind.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 9Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 10French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 11Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Romania left red-faced after France-Germany map gaffe | euronews, world news
- 20International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
Wires > Sport
- 19:28 CET MotoGP sees Qatar as key to Middle East
- 18:11 CET U.S. game will flourish after Serena – WTA leader
- 18:07 CET Beijing pledges free internet, optimum use of 2008 venues
- 17:31 CET O’Connell named Six Nations player of tournament
- 17:30 CET Italy’s Marchisio ruled out with knee ligament injury
- 16:32 CET Hull fined for failing to control players
- 16:01 CET Ecclestone casts doubt on Germany’s return to F1
- 15:58 CET Stoke manager Hughes agrees contract extension