Austria’s Anna Fenninger kept her composure to win a World Cup giant slalom in Ofterschwang on Saturday.
The 23 year old, winner of a super-G in Garmisch-Partenkirchen a week ago, looked in great shape and completed the Ofterschwanger Horn course in an impressive time of 2 minutes, 29.39 seconds to secure the win.
Fastest in the morning leg, Fenninger edged out overall leader Tina Maze who will be aiming at the formidable 2,500-point barrier in the World Cup finals in Switzerland, next week.
Germany’s Viktoria Rebensburg produced a solid run but eventually had to settle for third place, 0.96 behind.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > Sport
- 20:08 CET Napoli sign Romania defender Chiriches from Spurs
- 19:54 CET Tanvir helps Pakistan secure easy T20 win over Sri Lanka
- 19:10 CET A new star is born as Germany’s refugee crisis worsens
- 17:25 CET Hamilton beats Raikkonen in popularity poll
- 17:03 CET Double strike leaves Australia facing a battle
- 16:55 CET Platini’s FIFA candidacy fails to excite Africa
- 16:05 CET IOC president reminds members about responsibilities
- 15:57 CET Rio Olympic athletes risk serious illness from polluted water – AP