The founding father of abstract art has been honoured in Brussels.
Works by Wassily Kandinsky are being shown at the Royal Museum of Fine Arts of Belgium.
Some 150 paintings are on display; most of them are from the earliest part of the 20th Century.
Kandinsky’s art combines myths, fairy tales, literature and music.
Euronews went to take a look.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians | euronews, world news
- 2Ellen MacArthur: making waves on a journey to a circular economy | euronews, the global conversation
- 3China executes eight Muslims convicted of terrorism | euronews, world news
- 4Putin T-Shirts flying off the shelves at Moscow megastore | euronews, world news
- 5Everything you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 6Hoverbike on the horizon | euronews, hi-tech
- 7Ukraine accuses Russian aid convoy of stealing factory equipment | euronews, world news
- 8Massive Swedish forest fire is declared a national emergency | euronews, world news
- 9Risk of fresh ash cloud threatens European air travel | euronews, world news
- 10Man, 27, fails in suicide bid after tigers reject chance to eat him | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland warns Europe’s airlines of possible volcanic eruption | euronews, world news
- 12Beyond the subconscious | euronews, futuris
- 13Bardarbunga volcano in Iceland continues to rumble | euronews, world news
- 14Poland wants compensation from the EU for Russian import ban | euronews, world news
- 15EU’s Russia sanctions doing more harm than good says Hungary’s PM Orban | euronews, world news
- 16Romania buys into bitcoin big time | euronews, corporate
- 17Greek farmers suffer in economic war between Russia and EU | euronews, economy
- 18Turkey’s women have the last laugh | euronews, world news
- 19Hamas executes 18 suspected collaborators | euronews, world news
- 20Turkish ferry makes high-speed final landing | euronews, no comment