Paris Saint Germain reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League after a one all draw in the second leg was enough to see off Valencia 3-2 on aggregate.
Jonas offered the Spaniards some hope of turning around the 2-1 deficit at the Parc des Prince on 55 minutes but Ezequiel Lavezzi levelled matters to send the French side into the last eight of Europe’s top club competition for the first time since 1995.
Elsewhere Celtic’s fine run in Europe ended at Juventus.
Neil Lennon’s men went into the second leg trailing their hosts 3-0 but the Italians again got the better of the Scottish champions with Alessandro Matri and Fabio Quagliarella’s goals going unanswered.
The 2-0l win on the night sent Juve to the quarter-final stage of the Champions League for the first time in seven years with an emphatic 5-0 aggregate win.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 6French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 7International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 8eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 9Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 10Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 15Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 16French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 17Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 18[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
- 19Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 12:56 CET Ding pays maximum penalty for concentration lapse
- 12:09 CET Murray pleased with choice of Queen’s as Davis Cup venue
- 11:45 CET We’ve let ourselves down this term, says City keeper Hart
- 04:39 CET Two-cap Wallaby Betham joins European exodus
- 00:23 CET I’ve improved as a batsman, says England’s off form Cook
- 00:16 CET Fiorentina slump to defeat at home to Verona
- 00:08 CET Britain’s Jockey Club makes healthy profit in 2014
- 22:25 CET Canada will act to keep doping agency WADA in Montreal – source