Paris Saint Germain reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League after a one all draw in the second leg was enough to see off Valencia 3-2 on aggregate.
Jonas offered the Spaniards some hope of turning around the 2-1 deficit at the Parc des Prince on 55 minutes but Ezequiel Lavezzi levelled matters to send the French side into the last eight of Europe’s top club competition for the first time since 1995.
Elsewhere Celtic’s fine run in Europe ended at Juventus.
Neil Lennon’s men went into the second leg trailing their hosts 3-0 but the Italians again got the better of the Scottish champions with Alessandro Matri and Fabio Quagliarella’s goals going unanswered.
The 2-0l win on the night sent Juve to the quarter-final stage of the Champions League for the first time in seven years with an emphatic 5-0 aggregate win.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 8Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 13Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 14EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 15Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 16Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 17Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 18Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 19Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 20eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
Wires > Sport
- 19:32 CET Blatter defies calls to quit as FIFA scandal widens
- 18:57 CET Hull forward Hernandez banned for punching United’s Jones
- 17:53 CET Cook says it will be strange to pass his mentor Gooch
- 16:43 CET Underdogs Aston Villa can win FA Cup, says Sherwood
- 16:02 CET Misfiring McIlroy faces missing cut for second week running
- 14:19 CET Benitez to leave Napoli amid Real speculation
- 13:54 CET Nishikori through to last 16 after Becker pulls out
- 12:59 CET PM Cameron backs Jordan’s Prince Ali for FIFA presidency -…