07/03/13 08:19 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Paris Saint Germain reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League after a one all draw in the second leg was enough to see off Valencia 3-2 on aggregate.
Jonas offered the Spaniards some hope of turning around the 2-1 deficit at the Parc des Prince on 55 minutes but Ezequiel Lavezzi levelled matters to send the French side into the last eight of Europe’s top club competition for the first time since 1995.
Elsewhere Celtic’s fine run in Europe ended at Juventus.
Neil Lennon’s men went into the second leg trailing their hosts 3-0 but the Italians again got the better of the Scottish champions with Alessandro Matri and Fabio Quagliarella’s goals going unanswered.
The 2-0l win on the night sent Juve to the quarter-final stage of the Champions League for the first time in seven years with an emphatic 5-0 aggregate win.
- 1[LIVE BLOG] Real Madrid claim Champions League crown on penalties in Milan
- 2Japanese masterclass on the Guadalajara tatami
- 3Giro d’Italia: Nibali wins stage 19 as Chaves takes over race lead
- 4Mourinho ready to manage ‘giants’ Manchester United
- 5Champions League preview: revenge in the air as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to do battle
- 1Fourteen Russian athletes test positive from 2008 Olympics
- 2European Aquatics Championships: Pellegrini defends 200 metres freestyle title to add more gold to Italian tally
- 3Spills and thrills as Lorenzo takes lead in MotoGP
- 4European Aquatics Championships: Boglarka wins fourth gold as Hungary top medal table
- 5The Corner: The winners and losers from Europe’s Cup finals weekend
Japanese masterclass on the Guadalajara tatami
[LIVE BLOG] Real Madrid claim Champions League crown on penalties in Milan
Champions League preview: revenge in the air as Real Madrid and Atletico Madrid prepare to do battle
Giro d’Italia: Nibali wins stage 19 as Chaves takes over race lead
Nine-time champion Nadal withdraws from French Open
Wires > Sport
- 02:15 CET Ronaldo helps Real hand Atletico another final defeat
- 01:31 CET NBA player Bryce Dejean-Jones killed in Dallas shooting
- 22:44 CET Murray aware of Nadal injury during practice
- 20:47 CET Diame fires Hull straight back to the Premier League
- 20:25 CET South Africa name new-look squad for Ireland tests
- 19:47 CET Verstappen hits a learning curve in Monaco
- 19:20 CET Messi’s pain eases, recovery time unclear – Argentina doctor
- 19:01 CET Misfortune is now the norm, says glum Hamilton