Paris Saint Germain reached the quarter-finals of the Champions League after a one all draw in the second leg was enough to see off Valencia 3-2 on aggregate.
Jonas offered the Spaniards some hope of turning around the 2-1 deficit at the Parc des Prince on 55 minutes but Ezequiel Lavezzi levelled matters to send the French side into the last eight of Europe’s top club competition for the first time since 1995.
Elsewhere Celtic’s fine run in Europe ended at Juventus.
Neil Lennon’s men went into the second leg trailing their hosts 3-0 but the Italians again got the better of the Scottish champions with Alessandro Matri and Fabio Quagliarella’s goals going unanswered.
The 2-0l win on the night sent Juve to the quarter-final stage of the Champions League for the first time in seven years with an emphatic 5-0 aggregate win.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 12BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 04:18 CET Ronaldinho marks winning return to Brazil
- 03:32 CET Leaked IAAF data reveals hundreds of abnormal blood tests – report
- 01:38 CET Athletes shrug off pollution issues at Rio Olympic test
- 00:51 CET Isner on course for Atlanta Open hat-trick
- 23:32 CET PSG beat Lyon to win third successive Trophy of Champions
- 22:40 CET Pole Wlodarczyk sets hammer world record
- 22:35 CET South African Sexwale may run for FIFA presidency
- 22:10 CET Korean Ko and Taiwanese Lu share Turnberry lead