Bulgarians across the country staged new protests against their political leaders and poverty on the day celebrated as Liberation Day.
March 3 marks the 135th anniversary of Bulgaria’s freedom from the Ottoman Empire.
Organisers of Sunday’s protests called for calm as marchers mixed alongside the more traditional parades.
In the last two weeks, demonstrations which began against rocketing utility bills and low living standards turned into condemnation of the political system matched by civil unrest.
Bulgaria faces early elections in May in which protest votes could leave the main parties struggling to form a majority.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 5Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 6It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 9Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 10How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 11Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 12Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
- 13Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 14ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 15International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 16International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 17Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Energy-generating clothes and smart lights join the Internet of Things | euronews, hi-tech
- 20Fighting Boko Haram: Chad aims to ‘destroy’ militant group | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 20:18 CET India and Iran sign port deal despite U.S. warning about haste
- 19:48 CET Banned in Syria, Muslim Brotherhood members trickle home
- 19:40 CET Pentagon sees ‘tough’ Iraqi battle to secure Baiji oil refinery
- 19:25 CET German police arrest members of people-smuggling group
- 19:22 CET Ukraine leader warns of worsening conflict, peace envoys more…
- 19:14 CET Iraq’s unity ‘voluntary and not compulsory’ – Kurdish leader
- 18:40 CET Rescuers step up hunt for bodies in quake-hit Nepal trekking…
- 18:25 CET Over 120 die in Yemen as Houthis take key Aden district