US Foreign Secretary, John Kerry, is set to attend the Friends of Syria conference in Rome on Thursday February 28, where he will meet the head of Syria’s opposition National Coalition, Moaz Al-Khatib.
A day earlier he attended a dinner with the foreign ministers of 23 transatlantic countries as part of his first European tour in the post, and at the conference he will be joined by his counterparts from France, Qatar and Turkey in the hope of finding a solution to the two-year conflict, that has killed an estimated 70,000 people so far.
This comes as a report from Norway’s TV 2 claims the Syrian regime deliberately targets health personnel.
In Aleppo they found an ambulance that has been struck by a missile and the city hospital in ruins. They also found doctors and nurses who run an underground clinic, and who are too afraid to show their faces. They say if they are identified by the authorities it will mean death.They say they deal with around 200 wounded every day and conduct around eight operations.
In the street outside they met a man with a five-year-old girl who was injured when a bomb struck her home.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > News
- 01:59 CET Student charged with killing one, wounding three at Arizona…
- 01:43 CET China says U.S. human rights report biased
- 01:11 CET Western countries say endorse unity government for Libya
- 00:56 CET Gunmen kill three Burkina Faso gendarmes near Mali border
- 00:26 CET Exclusive – U.S. warns governments, bankers Iran sanctions still…
- 23:57 CET Pre-election clash in Guinea capital kills two, wounds 33
- 23:14 CET Two alleged Hezbollah associates face U.S. arms, money laundering…
- 23:08 CET Protester killed in unrest in Iraq’s Kurdistan region