US Foreign Secretary, John Kerry, is set to attend the Friends of Syria conference in Rome on Thursday February 28, where he will meet the head of Syria’s opposition National Coalition, Moaz Al-Khatib.
A day earlier he attended a dinner with the foreign ministers of 23 transatlantic countries as part of his first European tour in the post, and at the conference he will be joined by his counterparts from France, Qatar and Turkey in the hope of finding a solution to the two-year conflict, that has killed an estimated 70,000 people so far.
This comes as a report from Norway’s TV 2 claims the Syrian regime deliberately targets health personnel.
In Aleppo they found an ambulance that has been struck by a missile and the city hospital in ruins. They also found doctors and nurses who run an underground clinic, and who are too afraid to show their faces. They say if they are identified by the authorities it will mean death.They say they deal with around 200 wounded every day and conduct around eight operations.
In the street outside they met a man with a five-year-old girl who was injured when a bomb struck her home.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 2Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 3Russia defiant in face of tough EU-US sanctions
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Gaza: Deaths at Jebalya school after Israeli strike
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 3Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
Wires > News
- 15:09 CET Greek court ruling on migrant shootings causes outrage
- 14:54 CET Sierra Leone declares state of emergency over Ebola
- 14:48 CET Stop-start Afghan vote audit gets green light, but troubles remain
- 14:32 CET Ukraine blocks premier’s resignation, backs laws
- 14:02 CET US says hopeful of WTO deal with India only hours before deadline
- 13:26 CET China trial of Uighur scholar within weeks, imam reported killed
- 11:50 CET U.N. religion expert concerned over ‘interrupted’ Vietnam visit
- 11:48 CET Greece sends ships to Libya evacuate embassy, foreign nationals