27/02/13 11:43 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Greece’s far-right Golden Dawn party has started courses on what it calls “national awakening” for children from six to 10 years old.
About 20 children attended the first such meeting – with their parents. The party said it was held on Saturday, Feb. 23, at its offices in Artemis Attica.
The children watched “educational videos” and participated in a panel discussion on “the birth of the ancient world, the Olympian gods and the Christian faith” according to Golden Dawn’s website.
The site added that the initiative was the first of many to be organised “in an effort to regenerate the Greek spirit”.
Source: Golden Dawn’s website
On January 31, the website posted a text by George Georgalas, first published in 1967, about the value and importance of childhood indoctrination.
In the text, the author indicated that children between six and 10 years old are the most “appropriate” for that in order to “create the trends, tendencies, ideals through fiction.”
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 3Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 4Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
- 5What is behind Turkey’s recent diplomatic push?
Latest world news
EU 27 meet in Brussels – and the UK is not invited
World condemns Turkey airport attack
Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 36 dead and scores injured
Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
European Union leaders speak with one voice over Istanbul airport attacks
Wires > News
- 10:00 CET India’s top court refuses to hear gay-sex ban challenge
- 09:17 CET Syria rebels battle IS at Iraqi border, aim to cut ‘caliphate’ in…
- 09:14 CET Malaysian police probe grenade attack, checking credibility of …
- 07:46 CET As Duterte takes over in Philippines, police killings stir fear
- 06:05 CET Exclusive: U.S. to upgrade Thailand in annual human trafficking…
- 02:23 CET Brazil Congress investigates lawmaker’s alleged support of torture
- 01:19 CET Dutch PM Rutte wants ‘binding’ assurances over EU’s Ukraine deal
- 00:15 CET Italy, Netherlands propose split U.N. Security Council seat for…