Greece’s far-right Golden Dawn party has started courses on what it calls “national awakening” for children from six to 10 years old.
About 20 children attended the first such meeting – with their parents. The party said it was held on Saturday, Feb. 23, at its offices in Artemis Attica.
The children watched “educational videos” and participated in a panel discussion on “the birth of the ancient world, the Olympian gods and the Christian faith” according to Golden Dawn’s website.
The site added that the initiative was the first of many to be organised “in an effort to regenerate the Greek spirit”.
Source: Golden Dawn’s website
On January 31, the website posted a text by George Georgalas, first published in 1967, about the value and importance of childhood indoctrination.
In the text, the author indicated that children between six and 10 years old are the most “appropriate” for that in order to “create the trends, tendencies, ideals through fiction.”
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 2MH17 flight recorders are handed over by Ukrainian rebels
- 3EU foreign ministers expected to discuss further sanctions on Russia
- 4Israeli bombing in Gaza intensifies as Palestinian death toll mounts
- 5MH17 victims to be taken to the Netherlands – Ukraine Deputy PM
- 1Malaysia Airlines cabin crew traumatised by tragedies
- 2Putin calls for an end to conflict in Ukraine as pressure builds on Moscow
- 3Moscow claims Ukrainian jet flew close to Malaysian airliner
- 4Dutch fury as questions about plane tragedy go unanswered
- 5Ukraine: fresh fighting reported in rebel-controlled Donetsk
- 1298 killed as Malaysia Airlines passenger jet shot down over Ukraine
- 2[LIVE UPDATE] Malaysia Airlines MH17: Dutch forensic team arrives at crash site
- 3‘Lonely and alienated’ Oscar Pistorius involved in nightclub scuffle
- 4Journey to ‘the end of the Earth’ finds giant crater
- 5Ukraine: Black boxes recovered from downed Malaysian airliner
Wires > News
- 09:13 CET India to investigate corruption in healthcare after TV sting…
- 09:03 CET China’s secretive military cracks open door for glimpse inside
- 08:41 CET Two Turkish soldiers killed in clash with suspected smugglers near…
- 08:24 CET Three foreign advisers killed near Kabul airport
- 07:56 CET Philippine Catholic bishops tell Aquino to uphold constitution
- 07:11 CET Indonesia’s likely loser in presidential race tries to delay result
- 07:07 CET Fight against domestic violence stalls in patriarchal Turkey
- 06:29 CET Body of fugitive South Korea ferry businessman found, police say