27/02/13 11:43 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Greece’s far-right Golden Dawn party has started courses on what it calls “national awakening” for children from six to 10 years old.
About 20 children attended the first such meeting – with their parents. The party said it was held on Saturday, Feb. 23, at its offices in Artemis Attica.
The children watched “educational videos” and participated in a panel discussion on “the birth of the ancient world, the Olympian gods and the Christian faith” according to Golden Dawn’s website.
The site added that the initiative was the first of many to be organised “in an effort to regenerate the Greek spirit”.
Source: Golden Dawn’s website
On January 31, the website posted a text by George Georgalas, first published in 1967, about the value and importance of childhood indoctrination.
In the text, the author indicated that children between six and 10 years old are the most “appropriate” for that in order to “create the trends, tendencies, ideals through fiction.”
Latest world news
Syria: Russian orchestra holds concert in Palmyra ruins
Labour election losses in Scotland deliver big blow to Corbyn
US House Speaker Paul Ryan ‘not ready’ to back Trump
Turkey: Davutoglu departure raises concerns over authoritarianism
Deadly flare-up in violence as Israel finds Gaza tunnel
Wires > News
- 10:37 CET China says South China Sea criticism could rebound like coiled…
- 09:53 CET Islamist rebels seize village near Aleppo, 73 killed-monitor
- 09:21 CET Greeks strike as new tax, pension reforms loom
- 09:16 CET Afghan president moves acting defence minister to head spy agency
- 08:04 CET China, Kazakhstan sign $2 billion in deals as Xinjiang party boss…
- 07:49 CET Singapore, Australia expand military cooperation in A$2.25 billion…
- 07:44 CET Exclusive – Top reason Americans will vote for Trump: ‘To stop…
- 07:02 CET Australia to compensate charity wrongly accused over refugees‘…