A woman has been taken to hospital after dousing herself with flammable liquid and setting herself on fire in a bank in Spain. It happened in a town near the city of Valencia. No reason has been given for the woman’s action although Spanish banks are being blamed for a wave of mortgage foreclosures, evictions and at least five default-related suicides in recent months.
Wires > News
- 23:34 CET Could Brexit vote be a preview of U.S. presidential race?
- 22:21 CET Venezuela dialogue could open way for international help – …
- 22:04 CET Turkey warns of rising European xenophobia after Brexit vote
- 21:48 CET After Brexit, what? U.S. secessionists hankering for ‘Texit’
- 21:36 CET U.S. strikes Afghan Taliban targets, in debut of broader role
- 21:28 CET Hezbollah to send more fighters to Syria’s Aleppo
- 20:24 CET For Donald Trump, going on about golf is par for the course
- 20:21 CET France says new Europe needed after Brexit ‘explosive shock’