Anti-government demonstrators have again clashed with police in Bahrain.
The latest trouble happened in a Shi’ite village near the capital Manama. The opposition accused security forces of blocking routes leading to the funeral of a protester killed during disturbances on Friday.
Police fired tear gas, while demonstrators threw stones and petrol bombs.
Earlier on Saturday, officials said police found and defused a bomb on a causeway linking the Gulf island to Saudi Arabia.
The series of clashes has followed commemorations by activists of the second anniversary of a pro-democracy revolt.
The unrest threatens to undermine new talks between the Sunni-dominated government and the mostly Shi’ite Muslim opposition over its demands for more democracy.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 2Scientists baffled by two new holes discovered in Siberia
- 3Russia defiant in face of tough EU-US sanctions
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Gaza: Deaths at Jebalya school after Israeli strike
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 3Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
- 4Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 5Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
Wires > News
- 12:39 CET Ukraine assembly rejects premier’s resignation, backs laws
- 11:55 CET U.S. raises stalled WTO talks with India, no sign of breakthrough
- 11:50 CET U.N. religion expert concerned over ‘interrupted’ Vietnam visit
- 11:48 CET Greece sends ships to Libya evacuate embassy, foreign nationals
- 11:28 CET U.S. missionary jailed in North Korea feels ‘abandoned’ – paper
- 10:38 CET Sierra Leone president declares state of emergency over Ebola
- 10:27 CET Singapore risks business cred with foreign labour restrictions
- 10:04 CET Child credit scam prompts U.S. tax crackdown on expats in Israel