It is the latest dance craze to go viral with reports of over 12,000 videos of the Harlem Shake posted online in the last month.
The dance named after the area in New York actually began back in the 1980s. The latest version is an electronic track by Brooklyn DJ Baauer which is set to enter the UK singles chart.
Latoya Williams a Harlem resident says it reflects the area of New York which it is named after. “I think it’s a neat dance. It has to do a lot with Harlem, a place that’s about music. A lot of things that come from here are great, dancing, a lot of artists, so I think that it’s great that it’s a nice dance for kids to pass on.”
Last December the dance craze “Gangnam Style” made history when it became the first video on You Tube to reach 1 billion views.
Harlem Shake may have a bit to go but it has caught the imagination of a eclectic range of fans -the staff of the Museum Natural History in Halifax in Canada have been seen in one version. So go on – get moving.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > News
- 23:14 CET Two alleged Hezbollah associates face U.S. arms, money laundering…
- 23:08 CET Protester killed in unrest in Iraq’s Kurdistan region
- 23:07 CET U.N. diplomat charged by U.S. for bribe scheme gets $2 million bail
- 22:59 CET One killed, one wounded in shooting near Texas Southern University
- 22:32 CET One killed, three wounded in Northern Arizona University shooting
- 22:30 CET Swedish centre right in favour of NATO membership
- 22:05 CET Islamic State closes in on Syrian city of Aleppo; U.S. abandons…
- 22:03 CET China warns U.S. it will not allow violations of its waters