The authorities in Los Angeles say a burned body found in the ruins of a mountain chalet near Los Angeles after a police gunfight was that of Christopher Dorner, an ex-policeman accused of killing four people in a vendetta against his former employers.
The chalet caught fire during the battle as police cornered the 33-year-old and a body was found. It was identified as Dorner via his dental records.
However the post mortem did not say whether he was killed by the fire or whether he shot himself dead first.
A police assault squad used tear gas to try to force the fugitive out of the chalet. He had reportedly refused to give himself up. During the gun battle a police officer was killed.
As fire spread in the cabin, police said they heard a single gunshot.
It followed a six-day manhunt for Dorner, who allegedly also killed the daughter of a policeman he held responsible for his sacking, her fiance, and another police officer.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 3South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 4Russia: Politician’s extraordinary tirade at pregnant journalist
- 5Ukraine offers devolution as pro-Russian separatists vow to continue protests
- 1South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 2Ukraine: US, Russia and EU strike deal after crisis talks
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Geneva talks defy predictions of failure but will words turn into actions?
- 5A mother’s slap signals mercy for a convicted Iranian murderer
Wires > News
- 21:21 CET Two killed by bomb inside Bahrain car – ministry
- 21:16 CET High stakes as restive Benghazi votes in Libyan local polls
- 20:49 CET Man under evaluation for alleged gun threat at L.A. Times building
- 19:13 CET Italy gives wife, daughter of wanted Kazakh banker refugee status
- 19:04 CET Egyptian court jails Muslim Brotherhood leader for insulting…
- 17:05 CET Strong 7.5 magnitude quake hits off Papua New Guinea
- 17:05 CET Iran says plane at airport leased to Ghana after U.S.-flagged…
- 17:04 CET New militant group claims responsibility for Friday blast in Cairo