An unemployed man has died after setting himself on fire outside a job centre in the French city of Nantes.
Forty-three-year-old Djamal Chaab warned the authorities he intended to kill himself after his request for benefits was rejected.
Although emergency services had been alerted they were unable to save him.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukraine as it happened: EU and US announce sanctions to Russia as talks linger on
- 2Russia: Pussy Riot suffer burns and head injuries after being attacked at McDonalds
- 3Syria’s Assad expresses support to Putin on Ukraine
- 4Watch: Femen protesters held after topless protest in Crimea
- 5Ukraine as it happened: Moscow denies ultimatum, EU discusses “targeted sanctions”
- 1Oscars 2014: ’12 Years a Slave’ makes history with best picture Oscar
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Moscow start talks with Kyiv under US and EU threats of sanctions
- 3Read Jared Leto’s touching, thoughtful acceptance speech
- 4Ukraine: Violent clashes in Kharkiv leave dozens injured
- 5Ukraine as it happened: UN envoy chased in Crimea, Russia-US talks in Paris
Wires > News
- 07:59 CET Erdogan says Turkey could ban Facebook and YouTube
- 07:17 CET Violence against women ‘pandemic’ in Mexico
- 07:09 CET China warns prominent Internet users over Kunming attack
- 04:44 CET Senior North Korean official reappears, belies reports of another…
- 00:51 CET U.S. freedom of navigation operations in 2013 targeted China, Iran
- 22:27 CET Congo warlord verdict a test for flagging international court
- 22:13 CET China’s “land kings” under threat as tightening takes a toll
- 21:40 CET Caribbean nations consider push for slavery reparations