An unemployed man has died after setting himself on fire outside a job centre in the French city of Nantes.
Forty-three-year-old Djamal Chaab warned the authorities he intended to kill himself after his request for benefits was rejected.
Although emergency services had been alerted they were unable to save him.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 02:57 CET Former rebel mayor of Colombia’s capital removed from post
- 01:52 CET Three Cuban migrants feared killed off Florida coast
- 01:48 CET Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting – researcher
- 00:49 CET Egypt to hold mid-January constitutional referendum -minister
- 00:46 CET Eight bodies, some dismembered, found on Mexican highway
- 00:31 CET Iran’s Zarif says nuclear deal dead if U.S. passes new sanctions
- 22:23 CET U.S. university drops claim Chinese dissident Chen was spied on
- 22:09 CET Exclusive – Russia signs deal to forgive $29 billion of Cuba’s…