Talks between UN nuclear negotiators and Iran on investigating the country’s suspected atomic weapons programme have once again failed to result in a deal.
The failure comes just two weeks before more meetings, this time between Iran and six world powers over the nuclear programme.
Arriving back in Vienna from the discussions in Tehran, the deputy director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, Herman Nackaerts said: “Our commitment to continue dialogue is unwavering. We will work hard now to try and resolve the remaining differences.”
The West suspects Iran of using its nuclear programme as a front for developing atomic weapons. The IAEA wants to inspect Parchin military site but has been denied access. Iran says its nuclear programme is purely for peaceful purposes.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Madeleine Albright on evil, Putin, Trump, Syria and diplomatic kisses
Latest world news
Fatal rebel rocket attack on government hospital in Aleppo says Syrian state TV
Spain arrests four men allegedly behind on-line Islamist Radicalisation plot
Probe indicates falsified documents in Flamanville nuclear plant construction
Turkey to abolish visas for Greek Cypriots
Australia vows no change in asylum policy after Somali woman sets herself on fire
Wires > News
- 12:22 CET China to investigate hospital dying student found on search engine
- 12:15 CET Rebel rockets hit Aleppo hospital, dozens of casualties – Syrian…
- 12:08 CET Czechs to hike healthcare salaries to stop doctors from leaving…
- 11:59 CET Spanish King calls national election for June 26
- 11:52 CET U.S. service member killed in Iraq – U.S. defence chief
- 11:48 CET France’s Hollande sends labour bill to parliament in face of…
- 11:38 CET Australian government delivers sombre election budget for…
- 11:13 CET China slashes influential Communist Youth League’s budget