An Ivorian man is being treated for serious burns after setting himself on fire at Rome Fiumicino airport.
It is alleged he doused himself in petrol after showing custom officers his expulsion order.
A policeman was also hurt while trying to put out the flames.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 3Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 4Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 5EU targets top Russian officials in new sanctions
Wires > News
- 06:11 CET Factory blast in east China kills at least 65 – state TV
- 05:12 CET Bible left in North Korean sailor’s club triggered U.S. tourist’s…
- 04:50 CET Australia sends 157 asylum seekers to Nauru detention centre
- 01:02 CET NATO must change to better repel Russian threat – Cameron
- 22:40 CET African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- 22:36 CET Obama says that after 9/11, ‘we tortured some folks’
- 21:35 CET North Korea accuses U.N. Security Council of double standards
- 20:24 CET Ten killed in clashes between Azeris, ethnic Armenians