A collection of rock memorabilia from musicians who died young has been unveiled in the US.
The collection features platinum discs, stage clothing and musical instruments from the likes of John Lennon, Kurt Cobain, Whitney Houston and Jimi Hendrix.
‘Gone Too Soon’ has been put together by the company behind the Hard Rock Cafe brand.
“Through the history of rock and pop music, we’ve had a lot of amazing artists who passed before their time, whether it was from misadventure or just, you know, bad circumstances.
“We really wanted to pay tribute to their legacy and their art. We selected some really spectacular artist and some great stuff to share with folks all around the country,” said the firm’s in-house historian Jeff Nolan.
Many of the items on show are from the so-called “27 club”, the name given to the group of musicians, such as Jim Morrison and Amy Winehouse, who died in their late 20s.
The collection will be taken on a travelling tour of Hard Rock Cafes in the US.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian prime minister’s triumphant speech after resignation rejected
- 2International investigators reach MH17 crash site in Ukraine
- 3Edward Snowden: after one year in Russia, what now for the NSA whistleblower?
- 4Deadly attack on Ukraine troops near Malaysia Airlines crash site
- 5Mystery in the heart of Paris as cocaine stash goes missing from police HQ
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Caught on camera – children drugged and beaten in Romanian kindergarten
- 3Ukraine: ‘Disappointment’ at Yatsenyuk resignation
- 4Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 5EU targets top Russian officials in new sanctions
Wires > News
- 07:33 CET Factory blast in east China kills at least 65 – state TV
- 05:12 CET Bible left in North Korean sailor’s club triggered U.S. tourist’s…
- 04:50 CET Australia sends 157 asylum seekers to Nauru detention centre
- 01:02 CET NATO must change to better repel Russian threat – Cameron
- 22:40 CET African leaders agree steps to fight runaway Ebola outbreak
- 22:36 CET Obama says that after 9/11, ‘we tortured some folks’
- 21:35 CET North Korea accuses U.N. Security Council of double standards
- 20:24 CET Ten killed in clashes between Azeris, ethnic Armenians