The US correspondent for a Ukrainian television station managed to enter the Grammy award ceremony with no ticket or accreditation by just walking up the red carpet behind Katy Perry.
Vitaliy Sediuk did not stop there: he took a seat in the second row behind Justin Timberlake; managed to get a couple of interviews; and then joined Jennifer Lopez on stage as she was presenting an award to Adele.
When Sediuk’s stunt was discovered her was arrested for trespassing and spent the night in detention, his employers said.
This was not the first time Sediuk has courted controversy. In May 2012 actor Will Smith slapped him in the face after the Ukrainian TV reporter tried to kiss Smith at the ‘Men In Black 3’ premiere in Moscow. The video of that encounter attracted more than nine million views on YouTube.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1South Korea ferry trial: students tell how they floated to safety
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Blackout: Gaza’s only power plant destroyed by Israeli tank attack
- 4Israel warns of ‘long-lasting operation’ in Gaza as at least five Israeli soldiers killed
- 5Palestinian children killed by missile strike while at play in Gaza
- 1Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 2Muslims around the world get set to celebrate the ending of Ramadan
- 3Japan teenager arrested for beheading classmate
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 347 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 4TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 5Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
Wires > News
- 18:42 CET Chinese police shoot dead dozens after attack in Xinjiang
- 18:25 CET Air France, Virgin among airlines avoiding Iraqi airspace
- 18:09 CET U.S. nuclear negotiator will not guarantee end to Iran extensions
- 17:31 CET U.S.-Iran nuclear negotiator ‘concerned’ about detention of…
- 16:22 CET Putin may have passed point of no-return over Ukraine
- 16:15 CET Suspect in Jewish Museum attack extradited to Belgium
- 15:46 CET Colombia’s Marxist ELN rebels to blame for explosions – police
- 15:38 CET Ex-Catalan chief Pujol stripped of titles in Spain tax scandal