At least five people have been killed in a plane crash in Ukraine.
The twin engined Antonov turboprob was carrying supporters to a European Champions League football match between Germany’s Borussia Dortmund and Shaktar Donetsk when overshot the runway and broke up when it attempted an emergency landing in thick fog.
Up to a dozen passengers are said to have been hurt. A survivor said there had been a fire on board which had been brought under control but it’s unclear if it was connected with the emergency landing attempt.
Wires > News
- 13:58 CET Pakistan bans airing of ‘undesired’ contraceptive advertisements
- 13:32 CET UNESCO chief sees threat from cultural destruction
- 13:17 CET Xi says China should invest more in the elderly
- 12:48 CET Pakistani PM to undergo heart surgery in London
- 11:53 CET Turkish rockets, U.S.-led coalition hit Islamic State in Syria…
- 11:43 CET Blast kills one at Bulgaria’s biggest military plant
- 11:41 CET Militants attack Nembe pipeline in Nigeria’s Delta – official
- 11:37 CET At G7, Cameron keeps lid on press pack’s ‘Brexit’ probing