At least five people have been killed in a plane crash in Ukraine.
The twin engined Antonov turboprob was carrying supporters to a European Champions League football match between Germany’s Borussia Dortmund and Shaktar Donetsk when overshot the runway and broke up when it attempted an emergency landing in thick fog.
Up to a dozen passengers are said to have been hurt. A survivor said there had been a fire on board which had been brought under control but it’s unclear if it was connected with the emergency landing attempt.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 00:42 CET Obama defends interim Iran deal, seeks to assure Israel
- 00:00 CET French, African troops try to halt Central African Republic…
- 23:19 CET Rising power India sees no US-style Gulf security role
- 22:50 CET Israeli patrol on Golan targeted by bomb from Syria – Israel
- 22:27 CET Gunmen attack liquor stores in Baghdad, killing nine
- 20:49 CET Iran presses ahead with uranium enrichment technology
- 20:37 CET Bashir announces Sudan vice president resignation – state media
- 20:23 CET Eight killed, 20 injured in Colombia bomb attack blamed on FARC