At least five people have been killed in a plane crash in Ukraine.
The twin engined Antonov turboprob was carrying supporters to a European Champions League football match between Germany’s Borussia Dortmund and Shaktar Donetsk when overshot the runway and broke up when it attempted an emergency landing in thick fog.
Up to a dozen passengers are said to have been hurt. A survivor said there had been a fire on board which had been brought under control but it’s unclear if it was connected with the emergency landing attempt.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 3Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 4Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 5Brothers to stand-in for late Fast and Furious star Paul Walker
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
Wires > News
- 06:20 CET India starts biggest day of voting with Hindu nationalists gaining…
- 05:20 CET China releases blogger on bail, jails another amid rumour crackdown
- 03:49 CET Dengue outbreak at Australian detention centre sparks fresh…
- 03:00 CET Hundreds still missing in deadly Korea ferry sinking
- 02:43 CET Algeria’s Bouteflika poised to win re-election
- 02:13 CET Obama, Abe to battle negative images at U.S.-Japan summit
- 01:57 CET U.S. calls for more investment-friendly Indian government
- 01:52 CET Graft trial of son of Senegal’s ex-president to start in June