A roof at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant has collapsed under the weight of snow.
There are no immediate radiation concerns.
The Emergencies Ministry said “there were no safety breaches” and no one was injured when the roof of an engine room caved in.
The accident affected an area covering 600 square metres close to the concrete sarcophagus that seals the reactor from the outside world.
The contaminated land around the plant is designated a depopulated “exclusion zone” following the April 1986 explosion, the worst nuclear power disaster in history.
- 13D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 2French Riviera declared ‘disaster zone’ after deadly flash floods
- 3Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 4Russian air strike hits terrorist training camp in Syria, say defence officials
- 5Refugees tell of ISIL brutality which forced them to leave Syria
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 2Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 3NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 4France claims Russian jets have struck rebel, not IS forces in Homs
- 53D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 19[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Wires > News
- 01:58 CET Merkel, Hollande to present common front for EU in crisis
- 01:15 CET Kerry arrives in Haiti to offer U.S. support ahead of elections
- 00:41 CET Guinea-Bissau president rejects proposed government
- 00:33 CET Homicides in El Salvador rise 72 percent as gang violence increases
- 00:02 CET Burkina Faso court charges general, ex-minister over coup
- 23:10 CET Portuguese president asks Passos Coelho to form new government
- 23:05 CET Canada wives join electoral fray but lack Michelle Obama’s star…
- 22:56 CET Ivory Coast opposition candidate suspends participation in…