A roof at the Chernobyl nuclear power plant has collapsed under the weight of snow.
There are no immediate radiation concerns.
The Emergencies Ministry said “there were no safety breaches” and no one was injured when the roof of an engine room caved in.
The accident affected an area covering 600 square metres close to the concrete sarcophagus that seals the reactor from the outside world.
The contaminated land around the plant is designated a depopulated “exclusion zone” following the April 1986 explosion, the worst nuclear power disaster in history.
- 1Myanmar refuses sole responsibility in Rohingya migrant crisis
- 2Russia ‘amassing artillery’ near border with eastern Ukraine, reports suggest
- 3Greece designs new two-euro coin amid fears of Grexit
- 4Putin classifies Russian troop deaths during peacetime a state secret
- 5Syrian rebels seize last city in Idlib province, eye Damascus
- 1Tony Blair to step down as Middle East representative
- 2Iraq ‘exhumes 470 bodies’, thought to be victims of ISIL-led massacre
- 3Eastern Ukraine: separatists ‘will not push for independence,’ says spokesperson
- 4‘Rampant corruption:’ US orders arrest of senior FIFA executives
- 5Jack Warner turns himself in after being accused of corruption in FIFA scandal
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 7Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 8Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 12Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 13EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 15Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 16Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 17Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 18We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 19Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 20How World War II shaped modern Poland | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 23:11 CET With no peace, Ukraine is beset by humanitarian risks – U.N.
- 22:58 CET Video shows Canada Parliament gunman praying before attack
- 22:51 CET U.S. considers airport preclearance centres in nine countries
- 21:57 CET At U.N., states urged to do more to stop flow of foreign fighters
- 21:40 CET Gunmen kill 19 bus passengers in Pakistan attack
- 21:38 CET U.S. drops Cuba from list of state sponsors of terrorism
- 21:31 CET Yemen’s former president says exiled leader Hadi no longer relevant
- 21:21 CET President of Milan Expo investigated for tax evasion, embezzlement