A burned out mountain cabin near Los Angeles has been surrounded by police following a shoot out as they wait to see if the body of an ex-policeman suspected of a killing spree is inside.
Two police officers were earlier shot, one has since died of his injuries.
Christopher Dorner has been the subject of a six-day man hunt following the murders of three people. It is alleged he killed them in revenge for being sacked.
Around 200 officers laid siege to the cabin after a man answering Dorner’s description ran inside. A witness said after shots were fired the cabin went up in flames.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Latest world news
Forensic teams identify victims of Ataturk airport attack as relatives mourn
Black box confirms smoke on board doomed EgyptAir flight
Russia extends ban on Western food products
Atatürk Airport attack – why did it happen?
Nicola Sturgeon gets ‘sympathetic’ reception in Brussels over Brexit
Wires > News
- 23:21 CET Brazil Senate planning impeachment vote for last days of Olympics
- 23:10 CET Urging tougher stance, U.N. adds 2,500 peacekeepers to Mali
- 23:07 CET North American leaders vow to boost trade despite threats
- 21:56 CET Obama urges Venezuela to respect democratic process
- 21:30 CET Groups urge U.N. to suspend Saudi Arabia from rights council
- 21:18 CET CIA’s Brennan says expects that IS is plotting attacks against U.S.
- 20:57 CET Switzerland and EU need to find compromise on immigration – EU’s…
- 20:32 CET Italy votes to halt aviation supplies to Egypt over student death