There was much excitement at New York Fashion Week ahead of Oscar de la Renta’s latest collection. Disgraced designer John Galliano had spent three weeks in de la Renta’s atelier and fashion followers were eager to see what his influence would be.
This was an Oscar de la Renta collection through and through, albeit subtly sparked by Galliano’s suggestions and design traits.
De la Renta’s conservative chic was matched with smoky make-up, cinched-in waists and risque looking black organza outfits. His collection included hooded capes, big sleeves, printed dresses and brightly coloured ballgowns.
Meanwhile, Mark Badgley and James Mischka are big film fans and it shone thorough in their latest collection.
Their show had a film noir vibe, with this season’s inspiration Alfred Hitchcock’s movies, in particular Vertigo.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 15Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 16Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 17Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 18Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 19International news | euronews, latest international news
- 20Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job