13/02/13 13:18 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
There was much excitement at New York Fashion Week ahead of Oscar de la Renta’s latest collection. Disgraced designer John Galliano had spent three weeks in de la Renta’s atelier and fashion followers were eager to see what his influence would be.
This was an Oscar de la Renta collection through and through, albeit subtly sparked by Galliano’s suggestions and design traits.
De la Renta’s conservative chic was matched with smoky make-up, cinched-in waists and risque looking black organza outfits. His collection included hooded capes, big sleeves, printed dresses and brightly coloured ballgowns.
Meanwhile, Mark Badgley and James Mischka are big film fans and it shone thorough in their latest collection.
Their show had a film noir vibe, with this season’s inspiration Alfred Hitchcock’s movies, in particular Vertigo.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Most Istanbul blast victims ‘were German’, says Turkey
- 4Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 5Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 6Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 7Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 8Partnering to grow Europe
- 9Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 10Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
- 11Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12‘National’ funeral for Celine Dion’s husband ‘over the top’
- 13Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 14Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 15Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 16Brussels remains on high alert: ‘multiple operations underway’ across Belgium
- 17latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 18New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 19Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 20account : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
latest le mag news
Russia’s Pussy Riot mocks prosecutor general Yury Chaika in new video
Maverick fashion designer John Varvatos: ‘Is rock dead?‘
Rachel Platten takes ‘Wildfire’ on tour
Jonathan Yeo adopts actress Cara Delevingne for new exhibition
Coldplay in hot water for using Indian culture in video