13/02/13 13:18 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
There was much excitement at New York Fashion Week ahead of Oscar de la Renta’s latest collection. Disgraced designer John Galliano had spent three weeks in de la Renta’s atelier and fashion followers were eager to see what his influence would be.
This was an Oscar de la Renta collection through and through, albeit subtly sparked by Galliano’s suggestions and design traits.
De la Renta’s conservative chic was matched with smoky make-up, cinched-in waists and risque looking black organza outfits. His collection included hooded capes, big sleeves, printed dresses and brightly coloured ballgowns.
Meanwhile, Mark Badgley and James Mischka are big film fans and it shone thorough in their latest collection.
Their show had a film noir vibe, with this season’s inspiration Alfred Hitchcock’s movies, in particular Vertigo.
- 1Feeling flush: making wedding dresses from toilet paper
- 2Beauty from destruction – Federico Uribe creates life-like animals from used bullets
- 3Diana Damrau wows Paris in Lucia di Lammermoor
- 414-year-old model reignites underage catwalk controversy
- 5Legendary Kris Kristofferson returns to the Western in Traded