There was much excitement at New York Fashion Week ahead of Oscar de la Renta’s latest collection. Disgraced designer John Galliano had spent three weeks in de la Renta’s atelier and fashion followers were eager to see what his influence would be.
This was an Oscar de la Renta collection through and through, albeit subtly sparked by Galliano’s suggestions and design traits.
De la Renta’s conservative chic was matched with smoky make-up, cinched-in waists and risque looking black organza outfits. His collection included hooded capes, big sleeves, printed dresses and brightly coloured ballgowns.
Meanwhile, Mark Badgley and James Mischka are big film fans and it shone thorough in their latest collection.
Their show had a film noir vibe, with this season’s inspiration Alfred Hitchcock’s movies, in particular Vertigo.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 10Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 11Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 12ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 13Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 14Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid