As romantic Romeos rush to buy flowers ahead of Valentine’s Day on Thursday, business is booming at the world’s largest flower auction.
FloraHolland in Amsterdam has been working round the clock to supply flowers all over Europe.
Sales jump more than 50 percent in the lead-up to Valentine’s, the firm says, with 100 million roses, 100 million tulips and over 100 million other flowers being auctioned off through their huge warehouses.
The flowers come mostly from Kenya, Ethiopia, Ecuador, Israel and Germany.
The buyers are Russians, Italians, Germans, British and French.
- 1Migrant killed near Tunnel amid mass attempt to cross channel
- 2Man killed as 1,500 migrants try to enter Channel Tunnel in Calais
- 3Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Omar is confirmed dead
- 4Rome airport fully operational after forest fire affects flights
- 5Turkey keeps up pressure on PKK with more airstrikes
- 1Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 2French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 3Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 4Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 5Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 9Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 10Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Tsipras says if Greeks approve the EU’s aid plan, Syriza will resign
Wires > News
- 13:45 CET Turkish military campaign aims to prevent Kurdish unity in Syria -…
- 13:42 CET Shelling in eastern Ukraine kills four civilians, soldier
- 13:18 CET Indian Ocean debris almost certainly from a Boeing 777 – Malaysia
- 13:17 CET Nigeria, Cameroon vow closer cooperation against Boko Haram
- 13:14 CET Germany’s Schaeuble wants to rebalance EU Commission’s role
- 12:59 CET Political prisoners, Chinese loggers among thousands freed in…
- 12:51 CET Chinese university says professor accused of spying freed on bail…
- 12:24 CET Drone kills four suspected militants in Yemen – residents