13/02/13 11:02 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
For lovers of both chocolate and designer shoes, it could be the perfect Valentine’s Day gift for her, and it’s also affordable for him.
Andrea Pedraza, a Dallas-based master chocolatier, has come up with a product that combines the two; she fills shoe-shaped moulds with chocolate, then decorates the high heels with gourmet ingredients to make them look like designer creations.
She uses red ganache to recreate Christian Louboutin’s trademark red soles, but at just £22 (25 euros), her shoes are much cheaper than the real thing.
Valentine’s Day is her busiest time of year, as customers flock to her shop, CocoAndre, searching for romantic gifts.
Andrea’s products may be aimed at women, but her most loyal customers are men: “They come here at the last minute, they get this beautiful shoe in a box ready to be given away as a gift,” she says.
Another option is chocolate faces.
Rather than the usual candy treats, girls in Japan are trying to surprise their loved ones by giving them chocolates moulded from their own faces.
FabCafe in Shibuyu, Tokyo uses a 3D scanner to take a picture, which is turned into a silicone mould. It is then filled with chocolate truffle and presented in a box of chocolates.
The two-day workshop costs 6,000 yen (47 euros) but is currently limited to women, as it is traditional for them to give out chocolate on Valentine’s Day.
Men can return the favour a month later on March 14 – known as White Day, when they are expected to reciprocate the ladies’ gift.
Wires > News
- 00:44 CET Six-storey building collapses as floods hit Kenyan capital, three…
- 00:10 CET Britain praises Cuba’s Castro for embracing realities of modernity
- 23:29 CET ‘Monstrous’ violence in Syria as government excludes Aleppo from…
- 23:12 CET Russian fighter did barrel roll over U.S. reconnaissance plane -…
- 22:41 CET Oil rig helicopter crashes off Norwegian coast, 13 presumed dead
- 21:30 CET China denies Hong Kong visit request by U.S. carrier group -…
- 21:14 CET Iran moderates eye more gains in run-off parliamentary election
- 20:14 CET Lavrov, Kerry discuss ways to strengthen Syria ceasefire – Russian…