13/02/13 15:07 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Apple’s Chief Executive Tim Cook has said it is carefully considering calls for the company to return more cash to investors; it is currently sitting on over 100 billion euros of reserves.
Cook said the company’s board is in “very active discussions” on how to dole out more of its hoard of cash and marketable securities.
Cook was responding to a lawsuit from activist investor David Einhorn who runs Greenlight Capital and who has accused Apple of clinging to a “Depression-era” mentality.
A computer on your wrist?
A timely way to spend some of that money might be a foray into the world of watches.
Reports continue to come thick and fast that Apple is working on a wristwatch like device.
After the New York Times and Wall Street Journal broke the story, Bloomberg and others now report Apple has about 100 product designers on the project, which suggests it is no longer an experiment but moving towards development.
Reportedly it would use the same operating platform as the iPhone and the iPad and be made with curved glass.
Apple has declined to comment on the reports.
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 4International news | euronews, latest international news
- 51000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 6latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 10New temporary spiritual leader of Muslim Brotherhood appointed
- 11Middle East - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 14Egypt armed forces chief Abdul Fattah al-Sisi – a man of destiny
- 15Latest sport news
- 16Iraq: deadly car bombs kill more than 60 in Baghdad
- 17Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 18‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 19No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 20‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
Wires > Business
- 15:48 CET Strong interest in making London gold market more transparent -…
- 15:36 CET UK’s Osborne raises budget target, scraps cuts to tax credits
- 15:22 CET U.S. consumer spending slowing, but business investment poised to…
- 15:18 CET Brazil Senate leader, BTG Pactual CEO arrested in Petrobras probe
- 15:04 CET Philip Green’s Arcadia sees pre-Christmas sales fall
- 14:25 CET China securities body finds $166 billion error in CITIC Sec reports
- 14:15 CET Germany’s BayWa acquires UK grain trader Wessex Grain
- 14:12 CET German state hands Greece information on suspected tax evaders