Apple’s Chief Executive Tim Cook has said it is carefully considering calls for the company to return more cash to investors; it is currently sitting on over 100 billion euros of reserves.
Cook said the company’s board is in “very active discussions” on how to dole out more of its hoard of cash and marketable securities.
Cook was responding to a lawsuit from activist investor David Einhorn who runs Greenlight Capital and who has accused Apple of clinging to a “Depression-era” mentality.
A computer on your wrist?
A timely way to spend some of that money might be a foray into the world of watches.
Reports continue to come thick and fast that Apple is working on a wristwatch like device.
After the New York Times and Wall Street Journal broke the story, Bloomberg and others now report Apple has about 100 product designers on the project, which suggests it is no longer an experiment but moving towards development.
Reportedly it would use the same operating platform as the iPhone and the iPad and be made with curved glass.
Apple has declined to comment on the reports.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 11Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 17International news | euronews, latest international news
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Wires > Business
- 09:40 CET Merkel says VW scandal has not hurt Germany’s reputation as good…
- 02:46 CET Insight – After VW, Germany needs EU friends to join its party
- 21:17 CET Chinese firms eyeing 30 percent or less in Hinkley Point – report
- 16:15 CET Greece must stick to programme to exit bailout – PM
- 15:46 CET IMF mission to Ukraine looks to eurobond holders participation in…
- 03:11 CET IMF, central banks in the spotlight
- 00:29 CET Exclusive – Lockheed Martin mulls merger of some services units…
- 22:33 CET Prick asset bubbles with rates? Fed officials split