Manchester United struck early in their Champions League clash against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu with Danny Wellbeck scoring in the 20th minute.
The law of the ex then came into play with Christiano Ronaldo heading the equaliser ten minutes later.
The home side dominated, the often maligned United goalkeeper David de Gea foiling Madrid’s relentless pressure for the game to end all square at one all.
Play got underway in the Shakhtar Donetsk – Borrussia Dortmund clash after a minutes silence for those fans who perished in the plane crash. And the home side took the lead through Darijo Srna.
Robert Lewandowski equalised for the German champions slotting home after mis-kicking his original shot.
Two more goals followed. Douglas Costa giving Shakhtar the advantage until three minutes from time Mats Hummels made the final score 2-2.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 13:22 CET Southampton appoint ice hockey coach as new chairman
- 13:12 CET All change as Formula One enters new era
- 13:09 CET UAE to host first stage of 2014 IPL -organisers
- 11:43 CET Ozil’s vanishing act a real worry for Arsenal
- 10:51 CET Seedorf left with a massive Milan pineapple to peel
- 09:39 CET Player turned coach Simeone revives Atletico fortunes
- 09:27 CET Bayern far from untouchable in Champions League
- 09:25 CET ‘Small, encouraging signs’ in Schumacher condition – agent