Manchester United struck early in their Champions League clash against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu with Danny Wellbeck scoring in the 20th minute.
The law of the ex then came into play with Christiano Ronaldo heading the equaliser ten minutes later.
The home side dominated, the often maligned United goalkeeper David de Gea foiling Madrid’s relentless pressure for the game to end all square at one all.
Play got underway in the Shakhtar Donetsk – Borrussia Dortmund clash after a minutes silence for those fans who perished in the plane crash. And the home side took the lead through Darijo Srna.
Robert Lewandowski equalised for the German champions slotting home after mis-kicking his original shot.
Two more goals followed. Douglas Costa giving Shakhtar the advantage until three minutes from time Mats Hummels made the final score 2-2.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 7Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 8[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 9Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 10NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 14Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 15Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 16Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 17Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 18Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
- 19Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 20Hungary: billboard war sparks international concern
Wires > Sport
- 08:18 CET Australia diminished after Harris forced to call it quits
- 06:59 CET Villa fires New York City to win over Montreal
- 06:01 CET Lost opportunity for Hurricanes but some positive signs
- 04:23 CET One to 39, Highlanders success built on strong squad culture
- 03:39 CET Powell wins in Paris with his fastest 100 in four years
- 02:56 CET Cheeky Sanchez penalty clinches Chile’s first Copa
- 02:07 CET Japan finds new motivation for World Cup final
- 02:03 CET Williams penalty gives England third place