Manchester United struck early in their Champions League clash against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu with Danny Wellbeck scoring in the 20th minute.
The law of the ex then came into play with Christiano Ronaldo heading the equaliser ten minutes later.
The home side dominated, the often maligned United goalkeeper David de Gea foiling Madrid’s relentless pressure for the game to end all square at one all.
Play got underway in the Shakhtar Donetsk – Borrussia Dortmund clash after a minutes silence for those fans who perished in the plane crash. And the home side took the lead through Darijo Srna.
Robert Lewandowski equalised for the German champions slotting home after mis-kicking his original shot.
Two more goals followed. Douglas Costa giving Shakhtar the advantage until three minutes from time Mats Hummels made the final score 2-2.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1MotoGP champion Marc Marquez welcomed home after victory in Malaysia
- 2Wozniacki leaves the racket at home to run the New York Marathon
- 3Former Swedish international and Sheffield Wednesday player Klas Ingesson dies at 46
- 4South African mourns three sporting heroes
- 5Russia unveils 2018 World Cup emblem
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 3International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 4Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 5European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 8How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 9Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 10Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 11What to expect in “The World of Ice and Fire,” George R.R. Martin’s new book | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 18Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 19US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 20euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
Wires > Sport
- 07:41 CET Sonny Bill, Carter keys to watch against U.S.
- 01:31 CET Formula One urged to cut costs as teams fail
- 01:28 CET Controversial batsman Ryder gets World Cup lifeline
- 00:52 CET Mercedes rivals warm up with burgers and bling
- 23:12 CET Rio 2016 says it will offset 3.6 million tonnes of emissions at…
- 23:01 CET Formula One tweaks qualifying due to fewer cars
- 22:13 CET Austrian Braendle sets new hour record
- 21:31 CET Button is a wanted man, says his manager