Manchester United struck early in their Champions League clash against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu with Danny Wellbeck scoring in the 20th minute.
The law of the ex then came into play with Christiano Ronaldo heading the equaliser ten minutes later.
The home side dominated, the often maligned United goalkeeper David de Gea foiling Madrid’s relentless pressure for the game to end all square at one all.
Play got underway in the Shakhtar Donetsk – Borrussia Dortmund clash after a minutes silence for those fans who perished in the plane crash. And the home side took the lead through Darijo Srna.
Robert Lewandowski equalised for the German champions slotting home after mis-kicking his original shot.
Two more goals followed. Douglas Costa giving Shakhtar the advantage until three minutes from time Mats Hummels made the final score 2-2.
Copyright © 2015 euronewsMore about:
- 1McLaren medics rule Alonso out of F1 season opener in Melbourne
- 2Dortmund continue Bundesliga revival as PSV stumble in the Dutch title race
- 3Lin Dan is back
- 4Commission uncovers systematic doping in German football dating back to the 70’s and 80’s
- 5Sunderland’s Adam Johnson arrested on suspicion of sex with a minor
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 3Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 4eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 5Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 6International news | euronews, latest international news
- 7English and Spanish among happiest languages | euronews, world news
- 8Exclusive: Tsipras promises meritocracy, transparency for Greece, urges Europe to put people first | euronews, world news
- 9Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 10Watch: Ukraine MPs in fierce fist fight outside parliament | euronews, world news
- 11Data ‘mocks’ claims migrants try for Europe ‘expecting’ sea rescue | euronews, world news
- 12European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 13Kosovo emptying out, hopes for independent future exhausted | euronews, world news
- 14London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 15‘Blue’ dress causes internet confusion. Is it white and gold? | euronews, world news
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17Live updates: follow the 2015 Oscars ceremony | euronews, world news
- 18euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 19Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 20Implanted RFID chip controls office access for Stockholm workers | euronews, hi-tech
Wires > Sport
- 07:09 CET Watson hoping against hopes for World Cup return
- 06:11 CET Hunt fined after pleading guilty to drug charges
- 06:03 CET Learning Mandarin is key to success, says Dane Axelsen
- 05:42 CET Minnows may be battling, but not fighting all the way
- 05:15 CET Whole NZ squad firing and ready to step up, says Southee
- 03:20 CET Sainz eager to be in the picture
- 03:19 CET Coezter hits ton as Scotland set Bangladesh big total
- 03:13 CET Boy racer Verstappen is driven to succeed