Manchester United struck early in their Champions League clash against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu with Danny Wellbeck scoring in the 20th minute.
The law of the ex then came into play with Christiano Ronaldo heading the equaliser ten minutes later.
The home side dominated, the often maligned United goalkeeper David de Gea foiling Madrid’s relentless pressure for the game to end all square at one all.
Play got underway in the Shakhtar Donetsk – Borrussia Dortmund clash after a minutes silence for those fans who perished in the plane crash. And the home side took the lead through Darijo Srna.
Robert Lewandowski equalised for the German champions slotting home after mis-kicking his original shot.
Two more goals followed. Douglas Costa giving Shakhtar the advantage until three minutes from time Mats Hummels made the final score 2-2.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 11:15 CET Hamilton wins Chinese GP in Mercedes one-two
- 10:41 CET Livorno fire Di Carlo after three months, bring back Nicola
- 10:08 CET Veteran F1 boss Ecclestone faces German bribery trial
- 10:05 CET Red Bull and McLaren at legal loggerheads
- 09:08 CET Swansea still not safe, says manager Monk
- 02:19 CET Donald closes strongly for third round lead at Heritage
- 00:13 CET Cavani double hands PSG French League Cup trophy
- 23:04 CET Sporting cling to title hopes, reach Champions League