Manchester United struck early in their Champions League clash against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu with Danny Wellbeck scoring in the 20th minute.
The law of the ex then came into play with Christiano Ronaldo heading the equaliser ten minutes later.
The home side dominated, the often maligned United goalkeeper David de Gea foiling Madrid’s relentless pressure for the game to end all square at one all.
Play got underway in the Shakhtar Donetsk – Borrussia Dortmund clash after a minutes silence for those fans who perished in the plane crash. And the home side took the lead through Darijo Srna.
Robert Lewandowski equalised for the German champions slotting home after mis-kicking his original shot.
Two more goals followed. Douglas Costa giving Shakhtar the advantage until three minutes from time Mats Hummels made the final score 2-2.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 3Latest News Bulletin
- 4At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 5Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 6[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 7International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 8Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 9International news | euronews, latest international news
- 10Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 11Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 14Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 15Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 16Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 17Hungary’s army can shoot rubber bullets and tear gas at refugees
- 18Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 19Catalan president Artur Mas charged with organising illegal independence referendum
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Wires > Sport
- 15:01 CET Injured Ireland captain O’Connell out of World Cup
- 15:00 CET Federer knocked out in Shanghai opener
- 14:36 CET Former Germany captain Effenberg takes over Paderborn
- 14:11 CET French soccer star, others arrested over Valbuena blackmail case
- 13:47 CET No time to reflect for ton-up Australians Moore and Giteau
- 13:44 CET FIFA and UEFA were kept in dark about Platini’s Blatter deal -…
- 13:25 CET Bok youngster Kriel enjoying World Cup roller – coaster
- 12:47 CET Allardyce calls Arsene Wenger ‘arrogant’ and a bad loser