Manchester United struck early in their Champions League clash against Real Madrid in the Bernabeu with Danny Wellbeck scoring in the 20th minute.
The law of the ex then came into play with Christiano Ronaldo heading the equaliser ten minutes later.
The home side dominated, the often maligned United goalkeeper David de Gea foiling Madrid’s relentless pressure for the game to end all square at one all.
Play got underway in the Shakhtar Donetsk – Borrussia Dortmund clash after a minutes silence for those fans who perished in the plane crash. And the home side took the lead through Darijo Srna.
Robert Lewandowski equalised for the German champions slotting home after mis-kicking his original shot.
Two more goals followed. Douglas Costa giving Shakhtar the advantage until three minutes from time Mats Hummels made the final score 2-2.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Liverpool remain on track for first league title in 24 years
- 2Champions League draw: Bayern Munich to face Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid meet Chelsea
- 3El Morabity clinches Marathon des Sables
- 4Tough desert day for the runners in the Marathon Des Sables
- 5Real Madrid pile misery on Barcelona with Copa del Rey win
Wires > Sport
- 13:14 CET Westwood surges clear in Malaysia as Larrazabal dives for cover
- 11:56 CET Hamilton fastest in second practice in China
- 11:54 CET Fenerbahce chairman faces jail time again after appeal rejected
- 11:52 CET Trott stands down again after relapse of stress problems
- 11:51 CET Bolt hails Bale’s Spanish Cup final stunner
- 11:50 CET Replacement Asian Games hosts needed fast, not Singapore – …
- 01:02 CET British number one Robson to miss Wimbledon, French Open
- 00:56 CET Kuchar shrugs off Masters fade, ties Heritage lead