Just a few hours after Benedict XVI surprised the world and shook Christiandom when he announced his intention to quit the papacy, St Peter’s Basilica in the Vatican was struck by several bolts of lightning during a nightly thunderstorm.
Right after the Pope’s historical announcement, the Vatican’s former second in command, Angelo Sodano, had called it “a bolt of lightning in a clear blue sky.” For some, this lightning may be the signs the skies above agree with him.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Hollywood star Paul Walker dies in car crash
- 2Fans in shock at death of ‘Fast and Furious’ star Paul Walker
- 3Follow live the countdown to Comet ISON’s destiny with the sun
- 4Sex workers and prostitutes protest outside French parliament while sex bill is debated inside
- 5Thailand anti-government protesters seize state TV
- 00:38 CET Delaying security deal a risk to Afghan forces – U.S. military…
- 00:27 CET U.S. spy agency gathers data on cellphone locations globally -…
- 00:26 CET Mexico lawmakers preparing to debate energy reform – top senator
- 00:20 CET Senior Obama adviser criticizes human rights abuses in China…
- 00:09 CET Biden calls for trust with China amid airspace dispute
- 23:52 CET Mexico finds stolen truck that carried radioactive material -…
- 23:30 CET Iran’s ability to enrich uranium troubles U.S. lawmakers
- 23:02 CET Italy’s top court rules electoral law breaches constitution