Designer Diane von Furstenberg went back to her roots for her Fall 2013 New York show. She sent her iconic little wrap dress,
metallic jackets and skinny jeans dancing down the catwalk.
The New York based designer, who partied at Studio 54 with rock-and-roll royalty in the 1970s, shows no signs of slowing down.
“The collection is called ‘Glam Rock,’ and it is what it is. It’s glamorous and rock and roll. It is a little bit inspired by
David Bowie when he was young, by me when I was young. It’s not that it’s party clothes, but it’s for people who see life as a party,” she said.
Bright colors and dusty earth tones got equal time. Metallics in snakeskin prints looked luxurious yet wearable. Animal prints oncoats, jackets, pants, bags and shoes - sent the message that it is a jungle out there.
Some dresses were cut to go with the flow. Jackets, long-sleeved blouses and pants offered plenty of options.
Big bags polished off many of her fall runway looks. Done up in prints or a red suede fringe, these bags looked like they belong to the woman who is the life of the party.
Tommy Hilfiger brought the chic and sharp back to school with his
Fall 2013 collection. Having rescued the brand from the clutches
of rap gangstas the rich have now returned, and are lapping up the Preppie look that nods towards London’s fashionable streets.
“Savile Row meets Ivy League,“ was how the designer described the 46 pieces that walked the runway.
“Lot of leather. Lot of shearling. Silk, cashmere. Men’s wear for
women,” he said.
Precise details such as pin stripes, graphics, and layers of
houndstooth were refurnished with the colors red, white, and blue in
coats, pants, and skirts.
Hilfiger also showcased his take on penny loafer shoes, transforming them into knee-high leather boots, which he said was a modern
interpretation of classic knee-socks.
The American designer completed his looks by adding fedoras and
knitted caps, reinventing the traditional classic prep-school outfit.
- 1Coordinated terror attacks leave dozens dead in Paris
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 31000-year-old Bible found in Turkey
- 4Bomb and several shootings in central Paris – reports of fatalities and injuries
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Police hunting Paris attacks mastermind battle with suspects in heart of Paris
- 7European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 8world Weather | euronews: world ten day weather forecast
- 9Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 10latest sci-tech news : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 12‘Anonymous’ hackers’ group declares ‘war’ on ISIL
- 13‘Maxed-out:’ Jordan’s King Abdullah II’s frank warning over Syria crisis
- 14International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 15Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 16No Comment | euronews: international news images without commentary
- 17Latest News Bulletin
- 18Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 19Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 20Terrorist threat on Europe’s rail network, according to German tabloid