As the Operación Puerto trial in Madrid went into its third week on Monday former Pro tour cyclist Jorg Jaksche testified against disgraced Spanish doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, who is at the centre of an alleged doping ring.
The former CSC and Tinkoff rider from Germany told the court that Fuentes had offered him a variety of doping methods to increase his performance levels.
He said “He asked me what I wanted to do in terms of doping, and that he can organise practically all the medication which enhanced performance, blood transfusions, EPO, anabolic steroids, IGF1, artificial haemoglobin.”
Jaksche also added that Fuentes performed most of his blood transfusions which cost the rider some 15,000 euros per year.
Fuentes along with Manolo Saiz, Jaksche’s former boss at ONCE and Liberty Seguros, and three associates are facing a charge of crimes against public health.
- 1Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 2Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Austrian climber first to ascend Lebanese landmark
- 5Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 4NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 5Latest News Bulletin
- 6At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 7Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 17What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 18[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 19Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 20Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
Wires > Sport
- 16:20 CET No dangerous precedent over McIlroy – tour chief
- 15:54 CET Poland suffer triple injury blow before Ireland match
- 15:28 CET Blatter’s ex defends suspended football boss
- 15:18 CET Rosberg again denies Hamilton his 50th pole
- 15:13 CET French federation to appeal against Platini’s ban to CAS ‘if…
- 14:35 CET CONMEBOL calls Platini suspension ‘disproportionate’
- 14:23 CET Coach Davies hails Namibian rugby as on the rise
- 14:11 CET Rowntree, Farrell hit with tunnel ban for England dead rubber