As the Operación Puerto trial in Madrid went into its third week on Monday former Pro tour cyclist Jorg Jaksche testified against disgraced Spanish doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, who is at the centre of an alleged doping ring.
The former CSC and Tinkoff rider from Germany told the court that Fuentes had offered him a variety of doping methods to increase his performance levels.
He said “He asked me what I wanted to do in terms of doping, and that he can organise practically all the medication which enhanced performance, blood transfusions, EPO, anabolic steroids, IGF1, artificial haemoglobin.”
Jaksche also added that Fuentes performed most of his blood transfusions which cost the rider some 15,000 euros per year.
Fuentes along with Manolo Saiz, Jaksche’s former boss at ONCE and Liberty Seguros, and three associates are facing a charge of crimes against public health.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Liverpool remain on track for first league title in 24 years
- 2Champions League draw: Bayern Munich to face Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid meet Chelsea
- 3El Morabity clinches Marathon des Sables
- 4Tough desert day for the runners in the Marathon Des Sables
- 5Real Madrid pile misery on Barcelona with Copa del Rey win
Wires > Sport
- 00:55 CET Honda to focus on McLaren in 2015
- 23:55 CET Korean K.J. Choi beats bad weather to take Heritage lead
- 23:35 CET It’s getting increasingly tough for bowlers, says Ajmal
- 22:32 CET Moores to get second chance in England top job – reports
- 20:49 CET Desisa bids for repeat in fast Boston field
- 20:23 CET Replacement Asian Games host needed fast, not Singapore- Ng Ser…
- 20:08 CET Champions League exit behind PSG, says Blanc
- 19:53 CET Manufacturers limited in efforts to make F1 louder