As the Operación Puerto trial in Madrid went into its third week on Monday former Pro tour cyclist Jorg Jaksche testified against disgraced Spanish doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, who is at the centre of an alleged doping ring.
The former CSC and Tinkoff rider from Germany told the court that Fuentes had offered him a variety of doping methods to increase his performance levels.
He said “He asked me what I wanted to do in terms of doping, and that he can organise practically all the medication which enhanced performance, blood transfusions, EPO, anabolic steroids, IGF1, artificial haemoglobin.”
Jaksche also added that Fuentes performed most of his blood transfusions which cost the rider some 15,000 euros per year.
Fuentes along with Manolo Saiz, Jaksche’s former boss at ONCE and Liberty Seguros, and three associates are facing a charge of crimes against public health.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 19:11 CET Lotus braced for tough start to F1 season
- 19:09 CET Nuerburgring bought by race car supplier Capricorn
- 18:33 CET Struggling Charlton appoint Riga after Powell axed
- 18:15 CET Kick U.S. out of World Cup, Russian politicians tell FIFA
- 18:14 CET Kaboul can play against Arsenal after FA rescind red card
- 17:13 CET Blanc to rest key midfielders for Leverkusen game
- 17:10 CET U.S. investment firm Baron has £90.16 million Man United stake
- 16:54 CET Newcastle’s Pardew banned for seven games for head-butt