As the Operación Puerto trial in Madrid went into its third week on Monday former Pro tour cyclist Jorg Jaksche testified against disgraced Spanish doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, who is at the centre of an alleged doping ring.
The former CSC and Tinkoff rider from Germany told the court that Fuentes had offered him a variety of doping methods to increase his performance levels.
He said “He asked me what I wanted to do in terms of doping, and that he can organise practically all the medication which enhanced performance, blood transfusions, EPO, anabolic steroids, IGF1, artificial haemoglobin.”
Jaksche also added that Fuentes performed most of his blood transfusions which cost the rider some 15,000 euros per year.
Fuentes along with Manolo Saiz, Jaksche’s former boss at ONCE and Liberty Seguros, and three associates are facing a charge of crimes against public health.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
Wires > Sport
- 18:43 CET Top European clubs eye Norwegian teenager Odegaard
- 18:05 CET Australian international Wilshire signs for Feyenoord
- 16:32 CET Barcelona’s Pique relishing return of ‘angry’ Suarez
- 16:24 CET Zenit look to banish last season’s title loss
- 16:05 CET Captain relieved to handle the pressure-cooker
- 15:43 CET Lukaku lost focus as was not first choice – Mourinho
- 15:26 CET West Ham’s Morrison remanded over assault charges
- 14:39 CET Sri Lanka drop Chandimal and Mendis for Pakistan series