As the Operación Puerto trial in Madrid went into its third week on Monday former Pro tour cyclist Jorg Jaksche testified against disgraced Spanish doctor Eufemiano Fuentes, who is at the centre of an alleged doping ring.
The former CSC and Tinkoff rider from Germany told the court that Fuentes had offered him a variety of doping methods to increase his performance levels.
He said “He asked me what I wanted to do in terms of doping, and that he can organise practically all the medication which enhanced performance, blood transfusions, EPO, anabolic steroids, IGF1, artificial haemoglobin.”
Jaksche also added that Fuentes performed most of his blood transfusions which cost the rider some 15,000 euros per year.
Fuentes along with Manolo Saiz, Jaksche’s former boss at ONCE and Liberty Seguros, and three associates are facing a charge of crimes against public health.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 8Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 9Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11Latest News Bulletin
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 14Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 15Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 16At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 17Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 18‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 19Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 20Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
Wires > Sport
- 05:23 CET China media says Beijing can handle any problem for Winter Games
- 05:20 CET Chelsea must be more unpredictable, says Mourinho
- 05:15 CET Predictable Premier League excitement begins
- 05:13 CET Humble Bournemouth to stick to winning formula
- 05:08 CET Liverpool face devilish start to new season
- 05:07 CET Man United bank on Schweinsteiger for midfield mongrel
- 04:43 CET Australia admits – We need to talk about Michael
- 04:17 CET Man City hoping Sterling proves a sound investment