As the search continues in California for an ex-policeman suspected of three murders, a $1 million (748,000 euros) reward has been offered for information leading to his arrest.
Christopher Dorner has been on the run for a week following the killings. He has vowed to take revenge on colleagues after his dismissal from the force.
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said: “We will not tolerate anyone undermining the security, the tranquillity of our neighbourhoods and our communities. We will not tolerate this reign of terror that has robbed us of the peace of mind that residents of southern California deserve.”
The police manhunt is focusing on the Big Bear Lake region, some 130 kilometres east of Los Angeles after the suspect’s burned-out vehicle was found near a ski area there.
Dorner’s victims include the daughter of a retired LAPD captain who represented him at a disciplinary hearing. Around 50 families – many of them with connections to the police department – have been offered protection.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Students floated to safety from South Korea ferry
- 2#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 3Palestinian children killed by missile strike while at play in Gaza
- 4Israel warns of “long-lasting operation” in Gaza as at least five Israeli soldiers killed
- 5UN says downing of MH17 over Ukraine may constitute a ‘war crime’
- 1Fears over spread of Ebola as more tragedies emerge
- 2Muslims around the world get set to celebrate the ending of Ramadan
- 3Japan teenager arrested for beheading classmate
- 4#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 5Russia opens humanitarian corridor for injured Ukrainian troops, Russian state TV claims
- 1#ن: How an Arabic letter was reclaimed to support Iraq’s persecuted Christians
- 2Air Algerie plane ‘crashes’ over Sahara
- 347 dead and 11 injured in TransAsia Airways crash landing
- 4TransAsia Airways plane crashes on landing in Taiwan, killing dozens
- 5Eastern Ukrainians ‘hate Russian-led guerrillas’ — Arseniy Yatsenyuk
Wires > News
- 03:51 CET U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- 03:43 CET U.N. blacklists operator of North Korean ship seized in Panama
- 03:23 CET Australian PM Abbott’s tough stance on MH17 paying off – poll
- 02:04 CET Police arrest four in beating death of China grad student near USC
- 01:24 CET Nigeria isolates hospital in Lagos as Obama briefed on Ebola…
- 00:59 CET Iraq lays claim to Kurdish crude cargo in Texas court
- 00:16 CET U.N. blacklists operator of North Korean ship seized in Panama
- 23:32 CET Honduras raids mayor’s homes, finds fancy trucks, peacocks