As the search continues in California for an ex-policeman suspected of three murders, a $1 million (748,000 euros) reward has been offered for information leading to his arrest.
Christopher Dorner has been on the run for a week following the killings. He has vowed to take revenge on colleagues after his dismissal from the force.
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said: “We will not tolerate anyone undermining the security, the tranquillity of our neighbourhoods and our communities. We will not tolerate this reign of terror that has robbed us of the peace of mind that residents of southern California deserve.”
The police manhunt is focusing on the Big Bear Lake region, some 130 kilometres east of Los Angeles after the suspect’s burned-out vehicle was found near a ski area there.
Dorner’s victims include the daughter of a retired LAPD captain who represented him at a disciplinary hearing. Around 50 families – many of them with connections to the police department – have been offered protection.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 2MH370: bad weather halts search as ‘unidentified material’ found on Australian coast
- 3War of words grows more heated as Russia accuses the US of ‘running the show’ in Ukraine
- 4Turkish prime minister talks of ‘shared pain’ in statement on Armenian killings
- 5Ukraine: At least five killed amid battle for control of Sloviansk
- 1TV newscaster keeps calm as quake hits Mexico
- 2South Korea: Dramatic amateur footage emerges of final moments before stricken ferry capsizes
- 3Scientists find new Earth-sized planet that could host life
- 4Divers grapple with inhuman conditions as Sewol ferry salvage continues
- 5Dragon docks at International Space Station
Wires > News
- 14:15 CET Chemical weapons watchdog weighs chlorine attack probe – sources
- 14:02 CET Egypt’s army says has ‘complete control’ over Sinai Peninsula
- 13:52 CET U.S. vows to help Libya tackle ‘rising violent extremism’
- 12:44 CET U.S. official says Hamas-PLO government would prompt aid…
- 12:17 CET Three Americans killed in Kabul hospital attack
- 12:14 CET China says it will maintain patrols near Japan’s new island base
- 12:11 CET Former U.S. test site sues nuclear nations for disarmament failure
- 11:16 CET Obama reaffirms commitment to Japan on tour of Asia allies