As the search continues in California for an ex-policeman suspected of three murders, a $1 million (748,000 euros) reward has been offered for information leading to his arrest.
Christopher Dorner has been on the run for a week following the killings. He has vowed to take revenge on colleagues after his dismissal from the force.
Los Angeles Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa said: “We will not tolerate anyone undermining the security, the tranquillity of our neighbourhoods and our communities. We will not tolerate this reign of terror that has robbed us of the peace of mind that residents of southern California deserve.”
The police manhunt is focusing on the Big Bear Lake region, some 130 kilometres east of Los Angeles after the suspect’s burned-out vehicle was found near a ski area there.
Dorner’s victims include the daughter of a retired LAPD captain who represented him at a disciplinary hearing. Around 50 families – many of them with connections to the police department – have been offered protection.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 2As it happened : Kyiv and Moscow reach agreement on de-escalation roadmap
- 3‘Rubbish’: Putin slams claims that Russia is behind Ukraine revolt
- 4Pro-Russian activists seize Ukraine armoured vehicles
- 5Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 1Pictures and videos of April 15 lunar “Blood Moon” eclipse
- 2Ukraine as it happened: Pro-Russian freeze Ukrainian army operation in Kramatorsk
- 3Watch April 15 total lunar eclipse live online
- 4Ukrainian troops allegedly desert to join pro-Russian forces in Slavyansk
- 5Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev says Ukraine on ‘brink of civil war’
Wires > News
- 20:27 CET Algeria’s Bouteflika poised to win re-election
- 20:15 CET French troops free five aid workers kidnapped in Mali
- 20:05 CET Guantanamo hearing halted after defence accusations of FBI spying
- 20:03 CET U.S. releases $450 million of frozen Iranian funds after …
- 19:55 CET Kosovo PM urges vote on new war crimes court but calls it insult
- 19:51 CET Divers struggle in search for South Korean ferry survivors
- 19:41 CET Armed mob under guise of peaceful protest attacks U.N. in South…
- 19:05 CET Church must be open to sick, homeless, pope says on Holy Thursday