The French contingent proved a dominant force at their home judo Grand Slam in Paris on the second and final day of competition on Sunday.
27-year-old Lucie Louette thrilled the partizan crowd at Bercy by winning the women’s under 78 kilo category.
The 2011 European silver medallist needed the full five minutes to beat Akari Ogata of Japan in the final and did so with a yuko – the third highest score achievable in a bout behind an ippon and Waza-ari.
Louette was one of three French female judokas to claim gold in Paris out of seven events after Automne Pavia claimed the under 57 kilo class and Clarisse Agbegnenou the under 63 category.
The men’s team celebrated two victories in their own capital. One gold came as no surprise as five-time world and current Olympic champion Teddy Riner took top honours in the over 100 kilo division.
The 23-year-old wrapped up proceedings by beating Sung-Min Kim of South Korea in just over three minutes.
The powerful Frenchman, who was competing for the first time since his Olympic triumph, won gold in style with an ippon – his third judo knockout for this grand slam.
David Larose handed the home nation the other men’s gold with victory in the under 66 kilo class.
- 1Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 2Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 3Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 4England dumped out of their own World Cup
- 5[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 9Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 13Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 16Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 17[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 18Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 19What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 20[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
Wires > Sport
- 21:46 CET El Shaawary confident Italy can get the job done
- 21:20 CET England hunt for crumbs from their own World Cup table
- 21:17 CET Del Bosque able to experiment in final two qualifiers
- 20:00 CET Final pool games loom with last-eight spots up for grabs
- 19:43 CET Ireland favourites but France bullish, says Ouedraogo
- 19:30 CET Jordan beat Asian champions Australia, Iran held
- 19:27 CET Button upbeat on McLaren future, no fear of leaving
- 19:16 CET Poulter proves to be the host with the most…nerves