A four-week-old baby is recovering after being dragged from his cot by a wild fox which had got into his bedroom in London.
The child was taken to hospital with injuries to his hand where doctors were able to re-attach a severed finger.
The animal is thought to have entered the house through an open back door at the home in Bromley, south east London.
The baby is said to be recovering well.
London mayor Boris Johnson called for action by local council leaders to address the “growing menace” of urban foxes in Britain’s capital.
Latest world news
Reckitt Benckiser apologises over South Korea deadly disinfectant
US cruise ship docks in Havana over 40 years since the last sailed the Florida Straits
Bye bye San Francisco, destination Phoenix for Solar Impulse 2
Russians offered free land in the country’s Far East
Jail term upheld for faulty breast implants company boss
Wires > News
- 20:50 CET U.S. says Iraq’s PM in ‘strong position’ amid political unrest
- 20:20 CET Leader of Canada’s separatist Parti Quebecois steps down
- 19:40 CET Saudi minister confirms warning on proposed U.S. law on 9/11
- 19:32 CET One person killed by rocket fire in Turkey’s Kilis – source
- 19:32 CET Emotional return as first U.S. cruise in decades reaches Cuba
- 19:23 CET Honduras arrests suspects in killing of activist Caceres
- 19:18 CET Kerry aims to extend truce to Syria’s Aleppo as ceasefire unravels
- 19:08 CET Prisoners revolt in Syria’s Hama jail, seize guards – Syrian…