A four-week-old baby is recovering after being dragged from his cot by a wild fox which had got into his bedroom in London.
The child was taken to hospital with injuries to his hand where doctors were able to re-attach a severed finger.
The animal is thought to have entered the house through an open back door at the home in Bromley, south east London.
The baby is said to be recovering well.
London mayor Boris Johnson called for action by local council leaders to address the “growing menace” of urban foxes in Britain’s capital.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Topless FEMEN protesters storm German football TV show
- 2Britain’s Queen Elizabeth goes nuts over nibbles at Buckingham Palace
- 3China and South Korea react to execution of Jang Song Thaek
- 4CCTV footage of suicide bomb attack on Yemen Defence Ministry released
- 5North Korea outrage over behaviour of Kim Jong-un’s uncle
- 1Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 2Former Thai prime minister charged with murder
- 3Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 4Social networks respond to mystery sign language and Obama ‘selfie’ at Mandela memorial
- 5US considers sanctions against Ukraine as Yanukovych’s offer of talks with the opposition is rejected
- 19:04 CET Merkel cedes control of energy shift to rival SPD
- 18:47 CET Spain targets political parties with new anti-corruption law
- 18:41 CET India calls for quick action after diplomat arrested in New York
- 17:47 CET Brazil’s Rousseff popularity keeps climbing ahead of 2014 vote
- 17:36 CET Russian parliament backs bill barring Putin foe from elections
- 17:22 CET Human remains found in a suspected mass grave in Serbia
- 17:18 CET Wintry storm grips Middle East, worsens misery of Syrians
- 17:09 CET Militia attack in Central African Republic kills 27 – UN