A four-week-old baby is recovering after being dragged from his cot by a wild fox which had got into his bedroom in London.
The child was taken to hospital with injuries to his hand where doctors were able to re-attach a severed finger.
The animal is thought to have entered the house through an open back door at the home in Bromley, south east London.
The baby is said to be recovering well.
London mayor Boris Johnson called for action by local council leaders to address the “growing menace” of urban foxes in Britain’s capital.
- 1Turkish forces attack Syrian and Kurdish positions in northern Syria
- 2Syria ceasefire more likely to fail than succeed, says Russian FM
- 3Exclusive: Syria would be ‘chaos’ if Assad ousted, says Medvedev
- 4Oh là là – does French ruling mean more nude pictures on Facebook?
- 5Catholic and Russian Orthodox leaders end 1000-year standoff
- 1Oh là là – does French ruling mean more nude pictures on Facebook?
- 2Assad comes out fighting and says will take back “whole country” in interview
- 3‘It’s just not true’ – Russia rejects claims that it’s bombing civilians in Syria
- 4Catholic and Russian Orthodox leaders end 1000-year standoff
- 5Gravitational waves offer ‘a new window on the Universe’
- 1‘Human error responsible’ for deadly Bad Aibling train crash – sources
- 2Leopard enters Indian school, mauls six people
- 3Japanese volcano erupts on nuclear power station island
- 4One of world’s biggest container ships stranded on German river
- 5Einstein was right! Scientists confirm that gravitational waves exist
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International news | euronews, latest international news
- 3Hope vs harsh reality: challenges to global education goals in the 21st century
- 4Partnering to grow Europe
- 5Madrid to appeal Catalan road to independence from Spain
- 6Thousands in Bucharest blame corruption for Friday’s nightclub blaze
- 7Macedonian Postcards: The Mavrovo National Park
- 8Extras : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 9Jorge Lorenzo clinches his third MotoGP title in Valencia
- 10latest Learning World - All Programmes | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 11Moldova: protesters storm Parliament
- 12Humans consume more than planet can produce on ‘Earth Overshoot Day’
- 13International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 14Evo Morales celebrates his birthday by playing football
- 15Benzema questioned in French sex tape case
- 16Norway sends Syrian refugees back to Russia
- 17Paris: “I would rather see my brother in prison than in a cemetery”
- 18Business news and finance news | euronews: international economic and finance news
- 19Special Reports : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 20Merroussis clinches the 33rd Athens Authentic Marathon
Latest world news
British indie band members reported killed in Sweden car crash
Belgian romantics take plunge in sea to celebrate Valentine’s weekend
Quake hits New Zealand city of Christchurch
CAR: voters go to polls in crunch elections
Cairo: Italian student Regeni showed signs of electrocution – forensic source
Wires > News
- 15:30 CET France’s Sarkozy urges party unity, lags behind popular rival
- 15:08 CET Turkey shells Syrian Kurds, Russia says will keep bombing…
- 14:37 CET Nigerian Boko Haram fighters trained in Somalia – president
- 14:25 CET Israel says its forces shot dead three Palestinian assailants
- 14:19 CET Bahrain on path to recovery five years after revolt, says police…
- 14:10 CET Austria wants to press ahead to protect its borders – paper
- 14:04 CET British rock band Viola Beach reported killed in car crash in…
- 13:53 CET U.S.‘s Kerry in Albania to encourage anti-corruption measures