10/02/13 06:04 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
An investigation has been launched into how a twelve-year-old Belgian boy boarded a flight from Brussels to Spain alone.
The child was said to have passed security without a boarding pass or ID. His parents reported him missing on Thursday, but it wasn’t until Saturday that he was found by a police officer at Malaga airport.
Questions are now being asked of Brussels airport and the airline Jet Air about failures in security checks. The airline and airport security services are studying CCTV footage to find out how he managed to board the Jet Air flight.
The reasons why the boy took the flight remain unclear. According to his mother, the boy ran away after a dispute with one of his teachers.
Wires > News
- 01:43 CET Brazil’s Temer says a new government would focus on growth – TV
- 01:37 CET Mexico investigates top crime fighter over missing 43 students case
- 01:03 CET Former Nazi guard expected to break silence at German trial
- 00:26 CET Iran asks U.N. chief to intervene with U.S. after court ruling
- 00:01 CET Biden visits Iraq in show of support amid multiple crises
- 22:57 CET Obama expects U.S. to admit 10,000 Syrian refugees this year
- 22:36 CET Scores arrested in violence at French labour law protests
- 22:15 CET Brazil prosecutors charge Rousseff campaign strategist