An investigation has been launched into how a twelve-year-old Belgian boy boarded a flight from Brussels to Spain alone.
The child was said to have passed security without a boarding pass or ID. His parents reported him missing on Thursday, but it wasn’t until Saturday that he was found by a police officer at Malaga airport.
Questions are now being asked of Brussels airport and the airline Jet Air about failures in security checks. The airline and airport security services are studying CCTV footage to find out how he managed to board the Jet Air flight.
The reasons why the boy took the flight remain unclear. According to his mother, the boy ran away after a dispute with one of his teachers.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Mandela Memorial Sign Language Interpreter a ‘Fraud’
- 2Former Thai prime minister charged with murder
- 3Uruguay makes history by legalising entire marijuana market
- 4Social networks respond to mystery sign language and Obama ‘selfie’ at Mandela memorial
- 5US considers sanctions against Ukraine as Yanukovych’s offer of talks with the opposition is rejected
- 12:29 CET Iran official says U.S. sanctions violate Geneva deal spirit
- 11:45 CET Sex video case lands another China official in jail
- 11:17 CET Japan should embrace nuclear power, government panel says
- 11:11 CET Insight – In Yemen, al Qaeda gains sympathy amid US drone strikes
- 11:05 CET Suspects on run after breakout from Baghdad police cell
- 10:57 CET Greek police investigate arson attack at former PM’s seaside house
- 10:23 CET Irish government faces post-bailout battle to woo back voters
- 10:16 CET Asian nations urge peace in sea disputes, unlikely to blame China