10/02/13 06:04 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
An investigation has been launched into how a twelve-year-old Belgian boy boarded a flight from Brussels to Spain alone.
The child was said to have passed security without a boarding pass or ID. His parents reported him missing on Thursday, but it wasn’t until Saturday that he was found by a police officer at Malaga airport.
Questions are now being asked of Brussels airport and the airline Jet Air about failures in security checks. The airline and airport security services are studying CCTV footage to find out how he managed to board the Jet Air flight.
The reasons why the boy took the flight remain unclear. According to his mother, the boy ran away after a dispute with one of his teachers.
Latest world news
Rescuers publish image of drowned migrant baby
Turkey: Muslim families should forget birth control says Erdogan
Libya migrant route does roaring trade in absence of authority
Great Barrier Reef bleaching kills ’35% of coral’ in northern and central section
Ex-Chad president sentenced to life in prison for crimes against humanity
Wires > News
- 17:03 CET Japan puts military on alert for possible North Korea missile…
- 16:48 CET Turkey’s Erdogan – No Muslim family should engage in birth control
- 16:36 CET Big cats removed from Thailand’s infamous Tiger Temple
- 16:35 CET Brother of Paris attacker on trial over militant training
- 16:20 CET Bodies of U.S. climbers left on Tibetan peak out of respect
- 16:16 CET Mauritius ramps up security after gunshots fired on French embassy
- 15:53 CET Former Chad president Habre found guilty of crimes against humanity
- 15:49 CET Four people killed in flooding and storms in southwestern Germany