An investigation has been launched into how a twelve-year-old Belgian boy boarded a flight from Brussels to Spain alone.
The child was said to have passed security without a boarding pass or ID. His parents reported him missing on Thursday, but it wasn’t until Saturday that he was found by a police officer at Malaga airport.
Questions are now being asked of Brussels airport and the airline Jet Air about failures in security checks. The airline and airport security services are studying CCTV footage to find out how he managed to board the Jet Air flight.
The reasons why the boy took the flight remain unclear. According to his mother, the boy ran away after a dispute with one of his teachers.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 4Migrant crisis: Hungary poised to shut unofficial border crossings with Croatia
- 5Syria: We believe that Russia has the wrong strategy, says US
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 4NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 5Latest News Bulletin
- 6At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 7Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 11[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 12Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 13International news | euronews, latest international news
- 14Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 15Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 16Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 17What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 18[Live] Catalonia: separatists heading for clear win in crucial elections
- 19Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
- 20Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
Latest world news
More stabbings and shootings as Palestinian-Israeli violence escalates
Ankara: More than 80 killed in twin blasts Turkey blames on terrorism
Twin blasts kill dozens in Turkish capital
Party in Pyongyang: North Korea celebrates 70 years of Worker’s Party
US and Russia to resume talks on air safety over Syria
Wires > News
- 16:14 CET Germany, EU deny report on European solidarity tax
- 16:10 CET Turkish editor jailed pending trial for insulting Erdogan – media
- 15:40 CET Twin bombs kill 86 at pro-Kurdish rally in Turkish capital
- 15:30 CET Protesters attack party offices in Iraq’s Kurdistan region
- 14:41 CET Russia backs bigger OSCE mission in Ukraine
- 13:55 CET Sudan’s Bashir urges rebels to resume talks, only one notable…
- 12:05 CET Nobel laureate chemist Richard Heck, 84, dies in Manila
- 11:51 CET Spain arrests 89 accused of running people-smuggling ring