Slovenia tuned up nicely ahead of this months world championships by winning their second team ski jumping World Cup title in a row.
Since a third place finish in the opening team event in Kussamo Robert Kranjec, Jurij Tepes, Jaka Hvala and Peter Prevc have hit top gear and haven’t looked back.
They won second event in Zakopane, Poland last month and on Saturday were top of the podium again in Willingen, Germany after leading from start.
The Slovenian foursome led at the halfway stage with a score of 507 points and although they posted the fourth highest score in the second round they garnered enough points to hold off Norway and Germany for the win.
There is one more World Cup event before the World championships in Val Di Fiemme, northern Italy starting February 20.
The team event takes place on March 2 when Slovenia will now fancy their chances of landing the gold medal.
- 1Tour de France: Rodriguez wins stage three as Froome earns leader’s yellow jersey
- 2Red Bull Air Race: Arch wins in Budapest
- 3Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix visitors impress in Mongolia
- 4Mongolia and Japan call the shots at Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix
- 5Cancellara in yellow; Greipal wins stage 2 of the Tour de France
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Greek debt crisis is “absolute supremacy of capital over humans”
- 3[Live updates] NGO flotilla bids to break Israeli blockade of Gaza
- 4[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 5Large Hadron Collider ready to embark on an unprecedented voyage of discovery
- 6Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 7[LIVE UPDATES] France: man decapitated, several wounded in chemical plant attack
- 8Israel prepares to repel boarders as ‘Freedom Flotilla 3’ tries to run Gaza blockade
- 9NewsWires : euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 10Greek debt summit – Live updates
- 11Spain’s first case of diphtheria in 30 years: parents of six-year-old ‘oppose vaccines’
- 12‘Distractingly sexy’ scientists hit back in lab chemistry polemic
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Summit up in Brussels as Greek proposals give food for thought and rumours fly
- 15Battle of Waterloo, live-tweeting 200 years on
- 16Greek PM faces day of crucial bailout talks in Brussels
- 17Citizens take power in Spain’s largest cities as a political revolution sweeps the country
- 18Greek debt: who will pay if Greece fails?
- 19Italy discovers biggest illegal waste dump in Europe
- 20Greek banks, stock exchange will not open on Monday, Tsipras announces
Tour de France: Rodriguez wins stage three as Froome earns leader’s yellow jersey
Red Bull Air Race: Arch wins in Budapest
Cancellara in yellow; Greipal wins stage 2 of the Tour de France
Mongolia and Japan call the shots at Ulaanbaatar Judo Grand Prix
Rohan Dennis record breaking Lycra lad wins Tour de France Grand Depart
Wires > Sport
- 05:45 CET Kyrgios slams ‘racist’ Olympic great Fraser
- 05:09 CET Dimitrov splits with coach Rasheed
- 02:59 CET Mayweather stripped of title he won in Pacquiao fight
- 22:38 CET Fury to meet world champion Klitschko in October
- 22:09 CET Barca agree to sign playmaker Arda from Atletico
- 22:04 CET Reporter asks beaten Berdych how it felt to go through
- 21:47 CET Former tour physio says McIlroy is ‘up against it’
- 20:24 CET Juventus coach Allegri adds year to contract