Slovenia tuned up nicely ahead of this months world championships by winning their second team ski jumping World Cup title in a row.
Since a third place finish in the opening team event in Kussamo Robert Kranjec, Jurij Tepes, Jaka Hvala and Peter Prevc have hit top gear and haven’t looked back.
They won second event in Zakopane, Poland last month and on Saturday were top of the podium again in Willingen, Germany after leading from start.
The Slovenian foursome led at the halfway stage with a score of 507 points and although they posted the fourth highest score in the second round they garnered enough points to hold off Norway and Germany for the win.
There is one more World Cup event before the World championships in Val Di Fiemme, northern Italy starting February 20.
The team event takes place on March 2 when Slovenia will now fancy their chances of landing the gold medal.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11International news | euronews, latest international news
- 12UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 13Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 14ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 15Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 16Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Sport
- 23:38 CET Federer eases into second round; others toil in heat
- 23:34 CET West Brom’s Berahino angry as dream move joins failed deals
- 23:15 CET Los Angeles named U.S. bid candidate for 2024 Games
- 23:03 CET Cruzeiro appoint former Brazil manager as new coach
- 22:40 CET Ireland take calculated risk with covert scrumhalf Madigan
- 22:02 CET Man City flex muscles as English clubs break spending record
- 21:57 CET Los Angeles named U.S. bid candidate for 2024 Games
- 21:36 CET Real, United blame each other over failed De Gea deal