Slovenia tuned up nicely ahead of this months world championships by winning their second team ski jumping World Cup title in a row.
Since a third place finish in the opening team event in Kussamo Robert Kranjec, Jurij Tepes, Jaka Hvala and Peter Prevc have hit top gear and haven’t looked back.
They won second event in Zakopane, Poland last month and on Saturday were top of the podium again in Willingen, Germany after leading from start.
The Slovenian foursome led at the halfway stage with a score of 507 points and although they posted the fourth highest score in the second round they garnered enough points to hold off Norway and Germany for the win.
There is one more World Cup event before the World championships in Val Di Fiemme, northern Italy starting February 20.
The team event takes place on March 2 when Slovenia will now fancy their chances of landing the gold medal.
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 7Chernobyl Children: what makes Ukrainians born in 1986 different? | euronews, world news
- 8Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 9Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 10International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 11Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 14Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 15EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 17Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 18Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 19eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 20How young translators are helping knit European culture together | euronews, generation y
Wires > Sport
- 02:46 CET Napoli to hold news conference amid Benitez speculation
- 02:26 CET Bournemouth boss Howe wins League Managers’ award
- 23:15 CET More common sense needed, says Mercedes F1 boss
- 23:11 CET England hooker Hartley cited for headbutt
- 21:28 CET Hungary’s Hosszu denies taking performance-enhancing drugs
- 21:07 CET Bolt wins 200 metres, Powell takes 100 in rainy Ostrava
- 20:16 CET World Cup perfect at 32 teams, says CONCACAF chief Webb
- 19:46 CET Bale pledges to come back stronger for Real next season