Canadian naval officer, Sub-Lt Jeffrey Delisle, has been sentenced to 20 years in jail for handing over secrets to Russia for more than four years.
The security breach damaged Canada’s relations with the US, Britain, New Zealand and Australia.
He is the first person to be sentenced under a post 9/11 security law.
Latest world news
Evacuations increase as wildfire spreads in Alberta, Canada
Six days on, survivors are found in collapsed Kenya building
‘We need everything’, Ecuador quake survivor tells euronews
Air strike kills dozens in Syrian refugee camp
Playing for Palmyra – Russia holds a concert in the ruins
Wires > News
- 01:34 CET Air strikes hit camp in Syria, US condemns Assad statement
- 00:31 CET Trump says Britain would be better off without EU – Fox News
- 21:30 CET Depression reigns as EU presidents debate future of Europe
- 20:39 CET Ex-Venezuela parliament head sues News Corp over drug article
- 19:27 CET ‘Trump of the East’ widens lead in last poll before Philippine vote
- 19:15 CET Republicans grapple with whether to back Trump for White House
- 18:51 CET Italy, Germany agree on immigration policy, but not on financing
- 18:23 CET ‘No boots on the ground’ has its limits as U.S. Navy SEAL is…