Amish sect leader Samuel Mullet has been sentenced to 15 years for organising hair and beard cutting attacks against Amish people in Ohio in 2011.
Amish people believe that the Bible instructs women not to cut their hair and for men to grow beards once married.
The attacks were allegedly motivated by religious disputes.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 07:54 CET Analysis – ‘Brussels consensus’ widens gulf with EU electorates
- 07:35 CET Kurdish militants free 4 abducted Turkish soldiers
- 07:31 CET Pentagon chief Hagel in Pakistan for talks on security, drones
- 06:55 CET More than 70 leaders expected for Mandela memorial, funeral
- 05:19 CET India’s ruling party stumbles as opponent Modi marches on
- 03:51 CET Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting, 27 arrested
- 23:49 CET Spain PM urges greater European integration
- 23:03 CET Brash Florence mayor Renzi wins centre-left leadership