09/02/13 10:40 CET
| updated xx mn ago
| updated at xx
Amish sect leader Samuel Mullet has been sentenced to 15 years for organising hair and beard cutting attacks against Amish people in Ohio in 2011.
Amish people believe that the Bible instructs women not to cut their hair and for men to grow beards once married.
The attacks were allegedly motivated by religious disputes.
Wires > News
- 19:03 CET Five U.N. soldiers killed in central Mali attack
- 19:02 CET Merkel, Hollande together mark 100 years since Verdun battle
- 16:46 CET Between 700-900 migrants may have died at sea this week – NGOs
- 15:29 CET Iran says its pilgrims will not attend haj in Saudi Arabia
- 14:15 CET Uganda to halt military, security ties with North Korea – South…
- 13:57 CET Nigerian president says ‘resolved’ to keep naira steady, supports…
- 13:46 CET U.S.-led coalition troops seen near front line in new Iraq…
- 13:35 CET Jordan’s King Abdullah appoints PM to oversee parliament elections…