The murder of three people in California has led to a major manhunt. An ex-Los Angeles police officer is suspected of going on a killing spree in revenge for being sacked from the force.
One of those who was shot was an on-duty police officer, two of his colleagues were wounded.
The suspect is Christopher Dorner who posted his intentions in what was described as a rambling Internet manifesto.
“We have a number of additional police officers coming from throughout the county. Our state and federal partners are with us as well and we have deputy sheriffs from other stations in the county up here providing additional patrols to the citizens of this community,” explained John McMahon, Sheriff of San Bernardino County.
At one time the hunt for Dorner had three states on alert before his burned-out pick up truck was found in mountains about 120 kilometres east of Los Angeles.
Schools in the area were put on lockdown as the search intensified with a SWAT team deployed to provide security in the area.
It’s believed Dorner, who was fired from the LAPD five years ago for making false statements is heavily armed.
- 1Obama unveils US plan to cut carbon emissions
- 2Spain heading for constitutional tension as Catalonia calls an early election
- 3Ukrainians protest against a planned “buffer zone”
- 4Handling of a child sex abuse complaint against a former British prime minister to be investigated.
- 5Fatal floods batter India, Myanmar, Pakistan, Vietnam and Nepal
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Latest world news
Liberia launches child registration drive post Ebola crisis
Austria: overwhelmed refugee centre closes to new arrivals
UK extends Tornado air campaign against ISIL in Iraq
Dramatic footage of road collapse as deadly rain storms hit Asia
More Stock Exchange losses in Greece as banking shares plunge
Wires > News
- 16:02 CET Italian minister visits Iran seeking better ties
- 15:50 CET Seven killed, about 20 taken in suspected Boko Haram attack in…
- 15:47 CET Israel’s Netanyahu tells cabinet to back budget or risk government…
- 15:45 CET Monitor says al Qaeda in Syria abducts five U.S.-backed rebels
- 15:34 CET Turkish jets hit Kurdish militant targets in southeast Turkey
- 15:15 CET Turkish nationalists would back AK minority government in return…
- 14:21 CET Judge throws out fraud case against South African firebrand Malema
- 14:18 CET Japan A-bomb survivors speak out against nuclear power, decry…