The murder of three people in California has led to a major manhunt. An ex-Los Angeles police officer is suspected of going on a killing spree in revenge for being sacked from the force.
One of those who was shot was an on-duty police officer, two of his colleagues were wounded.
The suspect is Christopher Dorner who posted his intentions in what was described as a rambling Internet manifesto.
“We have a number of additional police officers coming from throughout the county. Our state and federal partners are with us as well and we have deputy sheriffs from other stations in the county up here providing additional patrols to the citizens of this community,” explained John McMahon, Sheriff of San Bernardino County.
At one time the hunt for Dorner had three states on alert before his burned-out pick up truck was found in mountains about 120 kilometres east of Los Angeles.
Schools in the area were put on lockdown as the search intensified with a SWAT team deployed to provide security in the area.
It’s believed Dorner, who was fired from the LAPD five years ago for making false statements is heavily armed.
- 1Myanmar refuses sole responsibility in Rohingya migrant crisis
- 2Russia ‘amassing artillery’ near border with eastern Ukraine, reports suggest
- 3Greece designs new two-euro coin amid fears of Grexit
- 4Putin classifies Russian troop deaths during peacetime a state secret
- 5Nigeria: Buhari inaugurated in first democratic transfer of power
- 1Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin | euronews, world news
- 2Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 3euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 4Nepal: ‘equally big earthquakes coming in eastern regions,’ expert tells euronews | euronews, world news
- 5It’s a girl: Britain’s Duchess of Cambridge gives birth in London | euronews, world news
- 6Juncker to Hungarian PM Orban: “Hello, Dictator!”
- 7Evidence of ancient wine found in Georgia a vintage quaffed some 6,000 years BC
- 8Exclusive: unrest in FYR Macedonia could hit other Balkan countries warns Serbian PM | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11Portuguese language reform law goes global | euronews, world news
- 12EU membership remains Serbia’s priority, says PM Aleksandar Vucic | euronews, the global conversation
- 13How Nepal earthquake devastated Kathmandu’s UNESCO heritage | euronews, world news
- 14Spanish voters punish mainstream parties in local and regional elections
- 15Spain: the viral soldiers fighting in Madrid and Barcelona mayoral races | euronews, world news
- 16Recharging without cables: the road ahead for electric cars
- 17We will not be moved! China’s urban spread resistance [PHOTOS]
- 18Watch: France’s Jean-Marie Le Pen clashes with UKIP MEP Woolfe | euronews, world news
- 19Andrea Ferrari: the graphene guru | euronews, science
- 20How World War II shaped modern Poland | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 20:19 CET Islamic State blows up empty prison complex in Syria’s Palmyra
- 19:28 CET U.S. and Iran address obstacles to nuclear deal as deadline nears
- 18:57 CET EU criticizes ‘unjustified’ Russian travel blacklist
- 17:53 CET Russian aircraft head off U.S. destroyer in Black Sea – RIA
- 17:51 CET U.S., allies conduct 22 air strikes against Islamic State…
- 16:37 CET Gunmen shoot dead two soldiers in south of Thailand – police
- 16:26 CET Police break up unsanctioned gay rally in central Moscow
- 13:37 CET Myanmar lands seized migrant boat on island