Russia’s Gazprom is planning 3.5 billion euros worth of price cuts for its European customers this year
The world’s top gas producer is responding to falling demand due to Europe’s economic slump, energy efficiency drives and competition from liquefied natural gas, especially in its main market, Germany.
As a result it is amending long-term contracts with some European clients.
The state-controlled energy firm also vowed to make good on dividend promises despite the hit to its cash flow from the price cuts.
Gazprom’s declining cash flows have called into question its ability to boost dividends while funding vast investment projects, including plans to expand its pipeline export routes that will cost tens of billions of dollars.
Industry analysts say price concessions to the likes of Polish gas monopoly PGNiG, may help Gazprom rebuild its share of the European market, and meet its goal of raising gas exports to Europe by 10 percent this year.
- 1Chomsky says US is world’s biggest terrorist | euronews, the global conversation
- 2euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 3Chomsky – a rebel with a cause | euronews, world news
- 4Anti-ISIL demonstrations turn violent in Ethiopia | euronews, no comment
- 5[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 6Europe is ‘bluffing’ over Greece-Russia relations – analyst | euronews, news
- 7The migrants tragedy in the Mediterranean sparks creative satirical response | euronews, world news
- 8French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 9International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 10Woman carries can of water on her head along Paris marathon | euronews, world news
- 11Former IMF chief ‘under investigation for money laundering’ | euronews, world news
- 12Pope Francis washes Rome prisoners’ feet on Holy Thursday | euronews, world news
- 13ECB chief Mario Draghi unhurt after protest during speech | euronews, world news
- 14eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 15International news | euronews, latest international news
- 16Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Indonesia executes five foreigners despite protest | euronews, world news
- 19[Live updates] France plane crash: damaged black box ‘can provide information’ | euronews, world news
- 20Portuguese researchers discover the secret of Mind Control | euronews, futuris
Wires > Business
- 01:31 CET Insight – Flash crash charges garner increasing skepticism in…
- 00:19 CET Collapse of Comcast cable deal may chasten Wall Street, for a while
- 00:10 CET No U.S.-Japan trade breakthrough expected during Abe visit – White…
- 23:40 CET BlackBerry considers closing Sweden operations
- 23:32 CET Deutsche to cut investment bank, hive off Postbank in revamp
- 23:08 CET EU antitrust case against Google based on 19 complainants – sources
- 23:01 CET GE buyout-lending unit draws interest from SunTrust, Apollo, Ares…
- 21:52 CET Ford recalling Fiesta, Fusion, Lincoln MKZ on door latch issue