Frozen ready meal producer, Findus says horsemeat has been discovered in its beef lasagne.
The British Food Standards Agency says Findus has carried out tests on 18 of its beef lasagne products and that they contained between 60 and 100 per cent horsemeat.
Vets are concerned that the anti-inflammatory drug bute, given to horses and harmful to humans, may enter the foodchain.
- 1Dozens are killed and wounded in multiple suicide bomb attacks on Istanbul’s Ataturk airport
- 2Italian actor Bud Spencer dies at 86
- 3Suspected ISIL bombers kill 36 and wound dozens at Istanbul airport
- 4Terror in Turkey: attack at Ataturk airport leaves 41 dead and scores injured
- 5Feisty Farage tells MEPs ‘You’re not laughing now’
Wires > News
- 22:44 CET Brazil Senate planning impeachment vote for last days of Olympics
- 21:56 CET Obama urges Venezuela to respect democratic process
- 21:44 CET North American leaders vow to boost trade despite threats
- 21:30 CET Groups urge U.N. to suspend Saudi Arabia from rights council
- 21:18 CET CIA’s Brennan says expects that IS is plotting attacks against U.S.
- 20:57 CET Switzerland and EU need to find compromise on immigration – EU’s…
- 20:32 CET Italy votes to halt aviation supplies to Egypt over student death
- 20:24 CET Islamic State forces Syria rebels to retreat from border area