Frozen ready meal producer, Findus says horsemeat has been discovered in its beef lasagne.
The British Food Standards Agency says Findus has carried out tests on 18 of its beef lasagne products and that they contained between 60 and 100 per cent horsemeat.
Vets are concerned that the anti-inflammatory drug bute, given to horses and harmful to humans, may enter the foodchain.
- 1Incredible scenes in the Turkish parliament
- 2Denmark extends controls on German border, EU set to allow more Schengen exceptions
- 3Three Earth-like planets found outside the Solar System
- 4Palestinians condemn Eurovision Song Contest for flag ban
- 5Rebels launch surprise attack on Aleppo – Syrian state TV
Latest world news
Kasich crashes out of race leaving Trump unchallenged for Republican nomination
Europe responds to Syria’s spiralling crisis
Several trapped, 1 dead, in eastern Ukraine mine blast
Russia boosts western border defence with new divisions
The plight of Syrian refugees born in Lebanon and who could become stateless
Wires > News
- 18:55 CET U.S., allies to do more to combat Islamic State – Carter
- 18:52 CET ‘Nasty’ wildfire spurs evacuation of 88,000 in Canadian city
- 18:43 CET NATO approves Israeli representation to its headquarters
- 18:38 CET U.S. Navy SEAL killed in Iraq was part of ‘quick reaction force’
- 18:36 CET Russia’s FSB says arrests group planning attack in Moscow region -…
- 18:29 CET Syria withholds aid to thousands, risks new siege in Aleppo – U.N.
- 17:33 CET Russia warns of retaliation if NATO makes more deployments in…
- 17:25 CET Al Qaeda in Yemen poses growing threat to shipping – naval force