Frozen ready meal producer, Findus says horsemeat has been discovered in its beef lasagne.
The British Food Standards Agency says Findus has carried out tests on 18 of its beef lasagne products and that they contained between 60 and 100 per cent horsemeat.
Vets are concerned that the anti-inflammatory drug bute, given to horses and harmful to humans, may enter the foodchain.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 23:49 CET Spain PM urges greater European integration
- 23:03 CET Brash Florence mayor Renzi wins centre-left leadership
- 22:34 CET India’s ruling party stumbles as opponent Modi marches on
- 21:25 CET Syrian opposition head fears U.S.-Iran thaw could benefit Assad
- 19:59 CET Singapore hit by rare outbreak of rioting
- 19:56 CET Colombia’s FARC says to declare 30-day ceasefire from December 15
- 19:14 CET British military chopper makes unexpected West Bank landing
- 19:08 CET PKK militants abduct four Turkish soldiers after unrest