The US government is suing Standard & Poor’s accusing the agency of knowingly inflating its ratings of risky mortgage-related investments, of the kind that helped to trigger the financial crisis.
The British government says it has learned lessons from the crisis with the finance minister proposing banking reforms.
At the same time France’s president is pushing for more control of exchange rates for the euro.
In the programme we report on those issues and discuss them with Jonathan Ferro of Bloomberg.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > Business
- 02:23 CET EU executive to broadly keep EU’s 2015 growth forecast
- 02:22 CET Wall St. banks shift odds on rate hike to year-end
- 02:17 CET Nomura, RBS liability in U.S. mortgage bond case upped to $839…
- 01:46 CET IMF official warms to interim deal to boost emerging markets role
- 23:23 CET Gazprom seals big gas deals in Europe despite Ukraine crisis
- 22:19 CET U.S. labour market shows some muscle despite slower job growth
- 22:08 CET G20 promises transparency on rate moves as global economy…
- 21:12 CET China tells G20 it’s committed to structural reforms, growth -…