Richard Clayderman’s music has had some success with the human race; now he is trying it out on tortoises in an attempt to encourage them to mate.
The man who inspired a million candlelit dinners serenaded the audiophile amphibians with a grand piano transported to London Zoo’s giant tortoise enclosure for a private concert.
Himself an animal-lover, Clayderman said he jumped at the chance to perform for the endangered species.
“It’s touching to see these animals that are so old, these tortoises are80 or 90. I don’t know actually. I’m very touched because I like
animals a lot. My mother has lots of cats, and I have a dog at home. So I’m very happy with animals,” he said.
However, the tortoises did not appear particularly impressed, perhaps exhausted from struggling to fend off predators all their lives. Or maybe they just prefer Radiohead. They are now under threat, so the zoo’s breeding programme is vital for their survival.
Clayderman has just announced the release of “Romantique”, his first major album for over a decade.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Iraq: Baghdad rally held against US ‘occupiers’ | euronews, world news
- 3Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 4Ukraine: Donetsk rebel weapons factory blows up | euronews, world news
- 5Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 6Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 7British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 8Algeria: ISIL offshoot releases video threatening French hostage Hervé Gourdel | euronews, world news
- 9Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 10Thousands ‘evade’ Ebola lockdown in Sierra Leone | euronews, world news
- 11How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 12Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 13Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15euronews speaks to Ban Ki-moon ahead of key UN and climate change talks | euronews, the global conversation
- 16European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 17Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 18International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news