Richard Clayderman’s music has had some success with the human race; now he is trying it out on tortoises in an attempt to encourage them to mate.
The man who inspired a million candlelit dinners serenaded the audiophile amphibians with a grand piano transported to London Zoo’s giant tortoise enclosure for a private concert.
Himself an animal-lover, Clayderman said he jumped at the chance to perform for the endangered species.
“It’s touching to see these animals that are so old, these tortoises are80 or 90. I don’t know actually. I’m very touched because I like
animals a lot. My mother has lots of cats, and I have a dog at home. So I’m very happy with animals,” he said.
However, the tortoises did not appear particularly impressed, perhaps exhausted from struggling to fend off predators all their lives. Or maybe they just prefer Radiohead. They are now under threat, so the zoo’s breeding programme is vital for their survival.
Clayderman has just announced the release of “Romantique”, his first major album for over a decade.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union