Richard Clayderman’s music has had some success with the human race; now he is trying it out on tortoises in an attempt to encourage them to mate.
The man who inspired a million candlelit dinners serenaded the audiophile amphibians with a grand piano transported to London Zoo’s giant tortoise enclosure for a private concert.
Himself an animal-lover, Clayderman said he jumped at the chance to perform for the endangered species.
“It’s touching to see these animals that are so old, these tortoises are80 or 90. I don’t know actually. I’m very touched because I like
animals a lot. My mother has lots of cats, and I have a dog at home. So I’m very happy with animals,” he said.
However, the tortoises did not appear particularly impressed, perhaps exhausted from struggling to fend off predators all their lives. Or maybe they just prefer Radiohead. They are now under threat, so the zoo’s breeding programme is vital for their survival.
Clayderman has just announced the release of “Romantique”, his first major album for over a decade.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 15Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 17US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 18Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 19Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video