BMW has announced group sales that were up by 9.9 percent in January. That is a record for that month.
The world’s largest premium carmaker credited growth in its largest market, China.
There sales of its BMW, Mini and Rolls-Royce brands rose 14.7 percent.
The company said it expects further sales growth – particularly in Asia and the Americas – and is targeting a new all-time high for this year, even though demand in Europe is expected to remain lacklustre.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 6Why World Elephant Day matters
- 7Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 8Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 9UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 10Latest News Bulletin
- 11Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 17As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Artist pays tribute to Aylan Kurdi and Good Samaritan
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Business
- 13:09 CET U.S. Treasury official: G20 sees need to ‘double down’ against…
- 11:57 CET China’s CEFC adds to Czech buying spree with airline, brewery deals
- 11:33 CET Vivendi CEO does not rule out raising stake in Telefonica
- 05:54 CET Japan may exempt food, drinks from sales tax hike – sources
- 02:23 CET EU executive to broadly keep EU’s 2015 growth forecast
- 02:22 CET Wall St. banks shift odds on rate hike to year-end
- 02:17 CET Nomura, RBS liability in U.S. mortgage bond case upped to $839…
- 01:46 CET IMF official warms to interim deal to boost emerging markets role