Russia has begun selling tickets for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, exactly a year before the opening ceremony.
A diamond-shaped countdown clock was unveiled in the capital Moscow and seven other Russian cities on Thursday as officials revealed seats would cost between 12 to 1250 euros.
Sochi, a resort on the Black Sea, beat off competition from South Korea and Austria to get to stage the games.
On Wednesday, President Vladimir Putin travelled to Sochi with a delegation from the International Olympic Committee. He promised the facilities would be ready on time.
The winter games are a priority for Putin, a chance to show that Russia is a modern democracy capable
of organising global events.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1Serbia and Albania await Uefa punishment over violence-marred Euro2016 qualifier
- 2Volvo Ocean Race: Fleet still together one week in
- 3FIFA begins 2018 World Cup stadium inspection
- 4AS Roma suffer humiliating defeat to Bayern in Champions League
- 5Heavyweights in action on final day of Judo Grand Prix Tashkent
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Now is ‘right time’ for Catalonia independence vote, says Mas | euronews, world news
- 3Vatican rocked by another paedophilia scandal | euronews, world news
- 4Two container ships collide on Egypt’s Suez Canal | euronews, no comment
- 5British Muslims’ message to ISIL: Not in my name! | euronews, world news
- 6Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 7Sweden becomes first European nation to recognise Palestine | euronews, world news
- 8International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 9European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 10How nasheeds became the soundtrack of jihad | euronews, world news
- 11Iceland volcano ‘pollutes Paris’ | euronews, world news
- 12Ebola: Six new suspected cases in Spain | euronews, world news
- 13Emma Watson threatened with naked photos leak after UN equality speech | euronews, world news
- 14Learning through “serious games” | euronews, learning world
- 15Mike Tyson: ‘You learn humbleness when you get older in life’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16US delivers technical aid to Ukraine but warns over security | euronews, world news
- 17euronews apps : iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 8, Windows 8, Nokia S40, Nokia Asha, Smart TV and Google Glass
- 18Global warming to ‘cause 250,000 extra deaths a year’ | euronews, world news
- 19All you need to know about the Ebola virus | euronews, world news
- 20International news | euronews, latest international news
Wires > Sport
- 19:50 CET European clubs consider April/May for 2022 World Cup
- 19:27 CET Wenger affords a smile as he remembers Battle of the Buffet
- 19:14 CET Mourinho is a very Special One, says Van Gaal
- 18:21 CET ‘Babyface’ Gallardo rejuvenates Argentine game
- 17:59 CET Ivanovic bows out despite beating Halep at WTA Finals
- 17:47 CET Murray improves London chances with Valencia win
- 16:13 CET Williams guaranteed year-end number one ranking
- 15:45 CET Kvitova targets Fed Cup win after WTA Finals exit