Russia has begun selling tickets for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, exactly a year before the opening ceremony.
A diamond-shaped countdown clock was unveiled in the capital Moscow and seven other Russian cities on Thursday as officials revealed seats would cost between 12 to 1250 euros.
Sochi, a resort on the Black Sea, beat off competition from South Korea and Austria to get to stage the games.
On Wednesday, President Vladimir Putin travelled to Sochi with a delegation from the International Olympic Committee. He promised the facilities would be ready on time.
The winter games are a priority for Putin, a chance to show that Russia is a modern democracy capable
of organising global events.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 15Philippe Starck: ‘Words like longevity and legacy have become almost avant-garde’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 16Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 17US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 18Revealed: Europe’s capital cities where it’s hardest to be a foreigner | euronews, world news
- 19Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 20World news video | euronews the latest world news online | breaking world news video
Wires > Sport
- 01:25 CET Chile football match suspended after racist insults
- 00:05 CET Uninspired Sociedad held at Depor on Moyes’ La Liga debut
- 23:51 CET Messi sets La Liga record of 253 goals
- 23:50 CET All Blacks lock Retallick is Player of Year
- 23:10 CET Woods working with new swing teacher Como
- 22:54 CET Pogba scores twice as Juventus romp to another win
- 21:53 CET Chelsea win to stay top as City, United enjoy victories
- 20:51 CET Newcastle win again to continue astonishing rise