Russia has begun selling tickets for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, exactly a year before the opening ceremony.
A diamond-shaped countdown clock was unveiled in the capital Moscow and seven other Russian cities on Thursday as officials revealed seats would cost between 12 to 1250 euros.
Sochi, a resort on the Black Sea, beat off competition from South Korea and Austria to get to stage the games.
On Wednesday, President Vladimir Putin travelled to Sochi with a delegation from the International Olympic Committee. He promised the facilities would be ready on time.
The winter games are a priority for Putin, a chance to show that Russia is a modern democracy capable
of organising global events.
- 1Fifa suspends Blatter, Platini and Valcke
- 2Sochi 2015: Russia’s expensive Olympic village falling into ruin
- 3Djokovic takes the glory but both he and Nadal take the money in Thailand exhibition
- 4Greek freejumper delights crowds in Santorini in the Redbull Art of Motion 2015 finals
- 5Austrian climber first to ascend Lebanese landmark
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 9What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 10Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 11Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 12Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 13Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 14[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20Israel agents ‘incite’ stone-throwing in West Bank
Wires > Sport
- 02:44 CET Ireland take inspiration from soccer teams north and south
- 01:49 CET Wales plan attacking game to subdue rampant Wallabies
- 00:33 CET Holders Spain and Swiss join Euro 2016 finals party
- 00:29 CET All Blacks win ahead of busy weekend to decide quarter-finals
- 00:18 CET Swiss book Euro 2016 spot with 7-0 San Marino win
- 23:50 CET Slovenia close to playoffs after 1-1 draw with Lithuania
- 23:47 CET Ukraine keep Euro 2016 hopes alive with win in Macedonia
- 23:27 CET Belarus win leaves Slovakia waiting for Euro 2016 spot