Russia has begun selling tickets for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, exactly a year before the opening ceremony.
A diamond-shaped countdown clock was unveiled in the capital Moscow and seven other Russian cities on Thursday as officials revealed seats would cost between 12 to 1250 euros.
Sochi, a resort on the Black Sea, beat off competition from South Korea and Austria to get to stage the games.
On Wednesday, President Vladimir Putin travelled to Sochi with a delegation from the International Olympic Committee. He promised the facilities would be ready on time.
The winter games are a priority for Putin, a chance to show that Russia is a modern democracy capable
of organising global events.
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5International news | euronews, latest international news
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 10French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 15At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 16Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 17‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 18Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
- 19Varoufakis resigns after Greek referendum
- 20European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
Wires > Sport
- 15:36 CET Van Gaal faces many questions as season looms
- 15:16 CET Broad says keeping Clarke quiet has been key so far
- 13:52 CET Trains, planes and memory sticks – reporter’s doping scoop quest
- 13:43 CET Gatland names experimental Wales team for Ireland warm-up
- 13:19 CET Proteas recall big guns for New Zealand one-dayers
- 13:11 CET Liverpool loan goalkeeper Vigouroux to Swindon Town
- 12:08 CET Mourinho says disagreements with owner Abramovich are over
- 11:49 CET Van der Burgh in record-breaking form in Kazan heats