Russia has begun selling tickets for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, exactly a year before the opening ceremony.
A diamond-shaped countdown clock was unveiled in the capital Moscow and seven other Russian cities on Thursday as officials revealed seats would cost between 12 to 1250 euros.
Sochi, a resort on the Black Sea, beat off competition from South Korea and Austria to get to stage the games.
On Wednesday, President Vladimir Putin travelled to Sochi with a delegation from the International Olympic Committee. He promised the facilities would be ready on time.
The winter games are a priority for Putin, a chance to show that Russia is a modern democracy capable
of organising global events.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Watch: Passengers ‘push-start’ frozen plane in Siberia | euronews, world news
- 3Le Pen: I admire ‘cool head’ Putin’s resistance to West’s new Cold War | euronews, interview
- 4What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 5Which countries in Europe cause the most air pollution damage? | euronews, world news
- 6McCain blasts Europe’s approach to Ukraine conflict ‘a joke’ | euronews, the global conversation
- 7Moldova pro-EU parties take narrow lead in elections | euronews, world news
- 8NATO joins search for ‘Russian submarine’ off Scottish coast | euronews, world news
- 9Ukraine reports accident at Zaporizhzhya nuclear power plant | euronews, world news
- 10Grenoble: Europe’s first ad-free city | euronews, world news
- 11Crude awakening: Romania’s Black Sea oil and gas finds fuel Europe’s energy hopes | euronews, reporter
- 12European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 13The American Century comes to an end as China becomes the world’s largest economy | euronews, economy
- 14Irony as organised crime prosecutor arrested for corruption in Romania | euronews, world news
- 15Israeli warplanes hit targets in Syria | euronews, world news
- 16Germans demand honour for Turkish woman beaten to death | euronews, world news
- 17Obama’s ‘risky’ immigration gamble | euronews, world news
- 18Chechen ‘death’ unit fighting with rebels in eastern Ukraine | euronews, world news
- 19International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 20Belgium’s former queen Fabiola dies at 86 | euronews, world news
Wires > Sport
- 04:59 CET Australia call up uncapped Burns for Boxing Day test
- 02:09 CET A defeat is never dignified, says San Lorenzo coach
- 01:25 CET Real Madrid beat San Lorenzo to lift Club World Cup
- 22:56 CET Barca well-placed and with room for improvement, says coach
- 21:48 CET Former bricklayer Austin is QPR’s hat-trick hero
- 19:13 CET PSG miss out on top spot after Montpellier draw
- 18:28 CET Disastrous Dortmund end year with loss at Bremen
- 18:23 CET Dominguez to coach Toulon, Nonu to join after World Cup