Fierce fighting has broken out in the Syrian capital Damascus.
Footage posted online by activists opposed to President Bashar al-Assad purportedly shows smoke pouring from a mosque in the Jobar district.
Opposition activists also uploaded video to the Internet showing what they say was government shelling in eastern parts of the city, held by rebels, on February 6 and 7.
Elsewhere, a car bomb killed 19 security officers.
The United Nations says around 700,000 Syrian refugees have fled abroad – almost a third of them to Lebanon.
In a new report titled “Misery Beyond the War Zone”, aid organisation Medicin Sans Frontiers (MSF) says the neighbouring country is unable to cope.
MSF says Lebanon’s Bekaa Valley refugee camps do not have the resources to provide adequate shelter and healthcare for everyone.
As the humanitarian crisis escalates, 70,000 more Syrians are awaiting processing to enter Lebanon.
- 1Pope Francis kisses hands of Holocaust survivors
- 23D, 360° virtual reality is ready to launch – on an adult film
- 3France claims Russian jets have struck rebel, not IS forces in Homs
- 4Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 5Bombing in Syria not World War III, says Russia’s EU ambassador
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Syrian refugee tripped by shamed camera woman is named
- 3Hungarian camera woman caught on video kicking and tripping migrants could face jail
- 4Hungarian reporter who tripped migrants apologises for her actions
- 5NASA discovers evidence of “liquid briny water” flowing on Mars
- 6Latest News Bulletin
- 7At least 220 dead in stampede outside Mecca, Saudi Arabia reports
- 8What the top tweets worldwide are saying about #refugees
- 9Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees… or are they?
- 10Hungarian camerawoman fired after being filmed kicking migrants
- 11Which European countries offer the most social benefits to migrants?
- 12International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 13Denmark: launches anti-migrant ad campaign
- 14Why aren’t rich Gulf states welcoming Syrian refugees…or are they?
- 15Spain: Catalan President faces ‘civil disobedience’ charges over breakaway vote
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Banzai back in the vocabulary as Japan passes law allowing combat deployments
- 18Exclusive: shipwatchers chart Russian hardware heading into Med
- 19Migrant tripped up in Hungary gets Spanish football job
- 20[Live] All the Rugby World Cup news in one place
Wires > News
- 08:13 CET Ex-Yemen president’s party says accepts peace terms
- 08:03 CET Refugees give Greek tour operators an extended season
- 07:59 CET Heavy Russian strikes hit western Syria – monitor
- 07:51 CET Japan’s Abe keeps allies in key posts as attention returns to…
- 06:11 CET Malaysia’s rulers call for quick action on scandal dogging state…
- 04:39 CET Insight – How Iranian general plotted out Syrian assault in Moscow
- 04:31 CET Journalist who allegedly helped hackers makes final pitch to jury
- 04:13 CET Policeman dies amid labour dispute at Nicaragua gold mine