In France, hundreds of steel workers scuffled with police near the European Parliament in Strasbourg. They are angry at plans to lay off workers at several Arcelor Mittal plants across the country. Missiles were thrown and the police responded with tear gas and pepper spray. At least one protestor has been taken to hospital.
Wires > News
- 03:28 CET China media snidely criticise Brexit vote, but upbeat on UK ties
- 03:19 CET Three Mexican federal police gunned down in market
- 23:34 CET Could Brexit vote be a preview of U.S. presidential race?
- 22:21 CET Venezuela dialogue could open way for international help – …
- 22:04 CET Turkey warns of rising European xenophobia after Brexit vote
- 21:48 CET After Brexit, what? U.S. secessionists hankering for ‘Texit’
- 21:36 CET U.S. strikes Afghan Taliban targets, in debut of broader role
- 21:28 CET Hezbollah to send more fighters to Syria’s Aleppo