SIde Effects is basically about whether a wife kills her husband because a prescription drug had a strange side-effect on her, or whether she is just crazy.
Following on from his previous comments on retiring, director Steven Soderbergh says it is his last film. It is a shame then, that the critics have almost universally hated it, describing it variously as pretentious, pernicious, and misogynistic.
It is always a shame to go out on a bum note. Or is that a side effect of enjoying a successful career?
For more information see Imbd
- 1G7 says ‘global growth is our urgent priority’
- 2Third night of riots rock Barcelona’s Gràcia district
- 3New video footage: overcrowded migrant boat capsizing
- 4French labour reform action threatens to disrupt Euro 2016 fans
- 5Leaders ‘influenced Putin’ over Savchenko release, say Ukraine pilot’s lawyers
- 1Groundbreaking study sheds light on Neanderthal life
- 2Germany: #Cutesolidarity response to Kinder chocolate controversy
- 3In the EU ‘one in three deaths of under-75s is avoidable,’ says Eurostat
- 4Germany’s carrot and stick approach to refugee integration
- 5Hero’s welcome for Ukraine pilot Nadiya Savchenko after Russia prisoner swap