Cocaine has been discovered in several storage depots belonging to Colruyt, one of Belgium’s top supermarket chains.
It was mixed in with a shipment of bananas from the port of Antwerp.
Belgian media reports that 36 kilograms were found in one depot in Sint-Katelijne-Waver.
Police are investigating whether the transport company knew of the illegal cargo.
Copyright © 2013 euronewsMore about:
- 1Hollywood star Paul Walker dies in car crash
- 2Fans in shock at death of ‘Fast and Furious’ star Paul Walker
- 3Follow live the countdown to Comet ISON’s destiny with the sun
- 4Sex workers and prostitutes protest outside French parliament while sex bill is debated inside
- 5Thailand anti-government protesters seize state TV
- 02:20 CET World Bank envoy criticizes lack of transparency in Haiti oil…
- 01:46 CET Briton, German identified as Arizona skydiving fatalities
- 01:42 CET Mexico finds stolen radioactive material amid dirty bomb fear
- 01:37 CET U.S. says may seek dismantling part of Arak reactor in final Iran…
- 01:34 CET Special Report – Thailand secretly dumps Myanmar refugees into…
- 00:38 CET Delaying security deal a risk to Afghan forces – U.S. military…
- 00:27 CET U.S. spy agency gathers data on cellphone locations globally -…
- 00:26 CET Mexico lawmakers preparing to debate energy reform – top senator