Cocaine has been discovered in several storage depots belonging to Colruyt, one of Belgium’s top supermarket chains.
It was mixed in with a shipment of bananas from the port of Antwerp.
Belgian media reports that 36 kilograms were found in one depot in Sint-Katelijne-Waver.
Police are investigating whether the transport company knew of the illegal cargo.
- 1Five children among a dozen migrants to drown off Turkish coast
- 2New coin issued to mark Queen’s record reign
- 3Thousands stuck in Budapest as Hungary refuses to allow migrants to travel
- 4Schengen recoil could turn EU travel back 20 years
- 5Eurostar suffers severe delays as migrants attempt to block Channel Tunnel
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Wires > News
- 11:41 CET Roadside bomb kills four police in southeast Turkey
- 11:36 CET Uganda says 12 of its soldiers killed in Islamist attack in Somalia
- 11:35 CET Guatemala’s President Perez resigns over graft scandal
- 11:30 CET Afghan forces ‘yet to regain control’ of symbolic southern district
- 11:21 CET Spain’s Rajoy says general election likely on December 20
- 11:10 CET Insight – Street violence in Kiev dims prospects for peace effort…
- 11:02 CET Family of Syrian toddler on Turkish beach tried to reach Canada -…
- 10:54 CET At least 14 killed as boat overloaded with migrants capsizes off…