Demonstrators in the South Korean capital Seoul protested against a possible plan for North Korea to carry out another nuclear test.
It is expected to be imminent, although the exact timing is unknown.
The United Nations Security Council and Washington have warned Pyongyang not to go ahead.
Neighbouring South Korea is in range of its artillery and missiles.
In Seoul, activist Bong Tae-Hong said North Korea must be stopped:
“North Korea’s planned nuclear test is not for defensive weapons, but for offensive weapons. That is why the international society condemns the country and put it under sanctions.
“If the North enforces the third nuclear test, we should work together to completely isolate the country,” Tae Hong continued.
North Korea successfully launched a long-range rocket in December in violation of UN resolutions.
Pyongyang stepped up its bellicose rhetoric on February 5, threatening to go further than testing – in response to what it called “hostile” UN sanctions.
- 1‘One day the world will know my name’, Germanwings co-pilot Lubitz ‘declared’
- 2Amanda Knox: ‘Joy’ as murder conviction overturned
- 3Doctor had excused co-pilot from work on day of tragic flight 9525
- 4Andreas Lubitz: Torn-up sick note and ‘mystery illness’ raise more questions about co-pilot
- 5Germanwings plane crash explanation stuns Europe
- 1Germanwings crash: search suspended
- 2Prosecutors believe co-pilot deliberately flew Germanwings jet into mountain
- 3‘One day the world will know my name’, Germanwings co-pilot Lubitz ‘declared’
- 4Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say?
- 5Andreas Lubitz: Torn-up sick note for day of crash is found at home of Germanwings co-pilot
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russian rumour mill suggests Putin suffering poor health | euronews, world news
- 3Slovenia becomes 11th EU nation to approve gay marriage | euronews, world news
- 4[LIVE] Germanwings passenger jet crashes in southern France, 148 people on board – authorities | euronews, world news
- 5Exclusive: CIA and Mossad are behind Boko Haram and ISIL, says Sudan president | euronews, world news
- 6Indian rapist says women to blame for being sexually assaulted | euronews, world news
- 7International news | euronews, latest international news
- 8Why is Bulgaria the EU’s most unhappy country? | euronews, world news
- 9French Alps plane crash treated as suicide and mass murder by co-pilot | euronews, world news
- 10Greece’s claim for war reparations from Germany explained | euronews, world news
- 11eurovibes - a selection of Europe’s best music talent
- 12Reaching new heights: Parents in India scale walls to ‘help students cheat’ | euronews, world news
- 13Tens of thousands march in Moscow in memory of Boris Nemtsov | euronews, world news
- 14Handwriting and the digital age, time for change in schools? | euronews, learning world
- 15London calling: why home-loving Hungarians are flocking to British capital | euronews, reporter
- 16International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 17French prosecutor: Germanwings co-pilot appears to have crashed plane deliberately | euronews, world news
- 18Manufacturing jihad – Nicolas Hénin explains what he learned about ISIL | euronews, the global conversation
- 19Germanwings press conference mystery: what wasn’t he supposed to say? | euronews, world news
- 20Which EU country has the biggest gender pay gap? | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 20:24 CET Egypt lists top Brotherhood leader, 17 others as terrorists -…
- 19:16 CET Air Canada flight slides off Halifax runway, injuring passengers
- 18:32 CET Turkey detains five Dutch people seeking to enter Syria
- 18:19 CET Liberia calls for sexual abstinence to cut Ebola transmission risk
- 17:17 CET Tanzania president warns of rising religious tensions before…
- 16:53 CET Afghan court sentences AP photojournalist’s killer to 20 years in…
- 16:25 CET Singapore stands still as nation bids farewell to founding father…
- 16:19 CET Thousands of Tunisians, leaders march after Bardo attack