Demonstrators in the South Korean capital Seoul protested against a possible plan for North Korea to carry out another nuclear test.
It is expected to be imminent, although the exact timing is unknown.
The United Nations Security Council and Washington have warned Pyongyang not to go ahead.
Neighbouring South Korea is in range of its artillery and missiles.
In Seoul, activist Bong Tae-Hong said North Korea must be stopped:
“North Korea’s planned nuclear test is not for defensive weapons, but for offensive weapons. That is why the international society condemns the country and put it under sanctions.
“If the North enforces the third nuclear test, we should work together to completely isolate the country,” Tae Hong continued.
North Korea successfully launched a long-range rocket in December in violation of UN resolutions.
Pyongyang stepped up its bellicose rhetoric on February 5, threatening to go further than testing – in response to what it called “hostile” UN sanctions.
Copyright © 2014 euronewsMore about:
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Sweden becomes first EU country to recognise the Palestinian State | euronews, world news
- 3Italy swamped by flash floods | euronews, world news
- 4Back to School for Romania’s new First Lady | euronews, world news
- 5What will you ask US Senator John McCain? | euronews, world news
- 6Turkish president Erdogan unveils his new palace of a thousand rooms | euronews, world news
- 7India PM Modi appoints Yoga minister | euronews, world news
- 8[Live] Rosetta’s Philae lands on comet 67P and enters the history books | euronews, world news
- 9Vladimir Putin most powerful man in the world – Forbes | euronews, world news
- 10European e-revolution people rise up | euronews, world news
- 11International tv news | euronews: European and International tv news bulletin
- 12Where is the best place in Europe for women? | euronews, world news
- 13Nadia Comaneci: gymnast of perfection and defector | euronews, the global conversation
- 14Putin plans to leave G20 talks early amid Ukraine pressure | euronews, world news
- 15Transcript of hanged Iranian woman’s final message released | euronews, world news
- 16US says ISIL makes $1 million-a-day selling oil – even to enemies | euronews, world news
- 17Syria: Islamic extremists pledge to press ahead with battle for Kobani | euronews, world news
- 18International news | euronews, latest international news
- 19Anti-immigration protests in Rome | euronews, world news
- 20Portugal: Ex-PM José Socrates held in corruption probe | euronews, world news
Wires > News
- 09:28 CET Iran says nuclear deal ‘impossible’ by November 24 deadline – ISNA
- 09:00 CET Bangladesh arrests woman leader of militant outfit
- 09:00 CET Voting gets underway in Tunisian presidential election
- 07:33 CET China arrests man for spying on aircraft carrier base – CCTV
- 03:16 CET German couple found murdered in Caribbean island of Tobago
- 00:46 CET Poland’s ruling party wins most seats in regional elections
- 23:47 CET Obama approves fresh guidelines for U.S. military in Afghanistan
- 23:43 CET Suspected Islamist fighters kill two children, abduct 10