Demonstrators in the South Korean capital Seoul protested against a possible plan for North Korea to carry out another nuclear test.
It is expected to be imminent, although the exact timing is unknown.
The United Nations Security Council and Washington have warned Pyongyang not to go ahead.
Neighbouring South Korea is in range of its artillery and missiles.
In Seoul, activist Bong Tae-Hong said North Korea must be stopped:
“North Korea’s planned nuclear test is not for defensive weapons, but for offensive weapons. That is why the international society condemns the country and put it under sanctions.
“If the North enforces the third nuclear test, we should work together to completely isolate the country,” Tae Hong continued.
North Korea successfully launched a long-range rocket in December in violation of UN resolutions.
Pyongyang stepped up its bellicose rhetoric on February 5, threatening to go further than testing – in response to what it called “hostile” UN sanctions.
- 1Aylan Kurdi: the boy whose picture broke the world’s heart
- 2Egyptian billionaire offers to buy Mediterranean island to house refugees
- 3Father of Syrian boy washed up on Turkish beach recalls boat horror
- 4Artist pays tribute to Aylan Kurdi and Good Samaritan
- 5Kentucky official jailed for refusing to recognise gay marriages
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 3Caught red-handed: the Russian Major fighting in Ukraine
- 4Video footage shows massive explosion in Tianjin, China
- 5Momentum for Mars: Astronauts say mission is inevitable
- 6Ukraine puts top Russian general Gerasimov on ‘most wanted’ list
- 7Latest News Bulletin
- 8Snowden, Assange and Manning statues unveiled in Berlin
- 9Who came out top in the US Republican television debate?
- 10Why World Elephant Day matters
- 11UK: at least 7 dead after plane crashes into road in Brighton
- 12Virginia:TV journalist and cameraman shot dead live on air
- 13ISIL militant group claims to have killed Croatian hostage in Egypt
- 14Earth Overshoot Day…Pushing Mother Nature too far
- 15Windows 10, three weeks on: the good, the bad and the ugly
- 16International news | euronews, latest international news
- 17Bringing the trolls out of the dark: Russian ‘troll’ awarded 1 rouble damages
- 18As ‘Daily Show’ Jon Stewart’s tenure ends, scholars say goodbye to their research topic
- 19European Union News | euronews: latest breaking news and headlines about European Union
- 20Scientists find sinkhole cave under Mexico’s Kukulkan Castle Pyramid
Latest world news
Iran and Yemen top agenda as Saudi king meets Obama
Day of chaos hits Hungary as migrants march to Austria
Refugee boy’s drowning raises hopes for political solutions
Central European leaders underline opposition to migrant quotas
Five injured as fire tears through refugee shelter in Germany
Wires > News
- 22:27 CET Druze leader killed in car bomb in southern Syria – monitor
- 22:26 CET Thousands rally in Beirut over politician’s presidential election…
- 21:32 CET North Korean karaoke stirs fear of mass propaganda sing-along in…
- 21:09 CET German U.N. official seen as favourite for Libya post – envoys
- 20:48 CET From Vietnam War to a Turkish beach, the shock of the photo endures
- 19:53 CET U.N.-backed anti-graft body to probe ex-Guatemala leader’s assets
- 19:39 CET Iranian official says there are ways to free U.S. journalist – NPR
- 19:37 CET At least 10 killed in armed attacks in Tajikistan, U.S. embassy…