Demonstrators in the South Korean capital Seoul protested against a possible plan for North Korea to carry out another nuclear test.
It is expected to be imminent, although the exact timing is unknown.
The United Nations Security Council and Washington have warned Pyongyang not to go ahead.
Neighbouring South Korea is in range of its artillery and missiles.
In Seoul, activist Bong Tae-Hong said North Korea must be stopped:
“North Korea’s planned nuclear test is not for defensive weapons, but for offensive weapons. That is why the international society condemns the country and put it under sanctions.
“If the North enforces the third nuclear test, we should work together to completely isolate the country,” Tae Hong continued.
North Korea successfully launched a long-range rocket in December in violation of UN resolutions.
Pyongyang stepped up its bellicose rhetoric on February 5, threatening to go further than testing – in response to what it called “hostile” UN sanctions.
- 1Bobbi Kristina Brown, Whitney Houston’s daughter, dies
- 2Coach has its roof sheared off in low tunnel near Lille
- 3Turkey appears to attack Kurdish targets in Syria, Turkey denies claim
- 4Saudi King flies into Cote d’Azur amid row over beach closure
- 5Sex, drugs and ‘shocking’ behaviour: Lord Sewel steps down amid allegations of lewd conduct
- 1euronews live TV - News | euronews : the latest international news as video on demand
- 2Russia unveils ‘straight’ flag, internet responds
- 3Seven reasons why Yanis Varoufakis is now a political legend
- 4Greek crisis: ‘Agreement reached’ after marathon talks
- 5[LIVE UPDATES] Greek debt deadline looms
- 6Nasa announces the discovery of an earth-like planet
- 7Is Saudi Arabia outlawing rainbows for being gay?
- 8Pluto: New Horizons space probe provides closest-ever pictures
- 9Istanbul Gay pride quashed by riot police, rubber bullets and water cannon
- 10International breaking news | euronews online world breaking news in video
- 11BREAKING: Formal nuclear deal reached with Iran, says diplomat
- 12French actor Gérard Depardieu ‘a threat to Ukraine national security’
- 13Latest News Bulletin
- 14International news | euronews, latest international news
- 15Greece votes ‘No’ in overwhelming rejection of bailout proposals
- 16Berlusconi linked with a shock return to government – in Russia!
- 17At least 10 dead in explosion in Turkish town close to border with Syria
- 18Greece clinches deal with eurogroup after marathon talks
- 19‘Imposed’ bailout deal must be implemented, says Greek PM
- 20Israel angry as Iran and West talk up nuclear deal
Wires > News
- 23:16 CET U.S. to parole convicted Israeli spy Pollard on November 21
- 22:45 CET Iraqi militia leader says U.S. not serious about fighting Islamic…
- 22:44 CET Iraqi militia leader says U.S. not serious about fighting Islamic…
- 22:15 CET More than 2,000 migrants tried to enter Channel Tunnel in France
- 22:05 CET EU’s Mogherini in Iran to discuss nuclear deal, region – TV
- 20:35 CET Ukrainian military pilot faces unfair trial in Russia – lawyers
- 20:30 CET As peace talks advance, Colombia struggles to find its missing
- 19:18 CET Sudan summons EU diplomat over statement on humanitarian needs